Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Konecny get 50 and Patrick get 30?

patrick is improving, but i gotta say i'm not going to be overly impressed with 30 points. by comparison, mel bridgeman had 23G, 27A, about 8 fights and was a plus 22. and you can add 14 points in 16 playoff games......and fans weren't thrilled with that at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

I dont know if it was food poisoning or flu or what, Richards said. I just didnt feel very well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    patrick is improving, but i gotta say i'm not going to be overly impressed with 30 points. by comparison, mel bridgeman had 23G, 27A, about 8 fights and was a plus 22. and you can add 14 points in 16 playoff games......and fans weren't thrilled with that at the time.
    Different eras, though. Plus Bridgman was a year older than Patrick in their rookie seasons (20 vs. 19).

Joe Thornton and Tyler Seguin had 7 and 22 points, respectively, in their rookie seasons (though they were 18).
    Draisaitl had 9 points in 37 games as a 19 year old rookie (maybe the best comparison).
    Barkov had 24 points in 54 games as an 18 year old rookie, and 36 points in 71 games at age 19 in his 2nd season.
    Ryan Johansen had 21 points in 67 games as a 19 year old rookie, and then 12 pts in 40 games at age 20.

So there are some pretty reassuring modern comparisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Different eras, though. Plus Bridgman was a year older than Patrick in their rookie seasons (20 vs. 19).
    stop. scoring is higher now than it was then and points are easier to come by without the holding and all that nonsense......
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

I dont know if it was food poisoning or flu or what, Richards said. I just didnt feel very well.

I'm lost.

stop. scoring is higher now than it was then and points are easier to come by without the holding and all that nonsense......
    2017-18: 2.93 goals per game on average (per team).
    1975-76: 3.41 goals per game on average (per team).

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    2017-18: 2.93 goals per game on average.
    1975-76: 3.41 goals per game on average.
    that is per team per game, or the flyers specifically? if the former then i'm shocked and stand corrected. but i stand by the rest of my post.

I'm lost.

that is per team per game, or the flyers specifically? if the former then i'm shocked and stand corrected. but i stand by the rest of my post.
    Per team, per game. https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/stats.html

And again, Bridgman also was a year older and not coming off the type of injuries/surgeries Patrick had, which also led to a more prominent role and better linemates.
    That Flyers team was loaded.
    Clarke and Barber had 119 and 112 points. Leach had 61 goals. Now, you're lucky if 1 guy in the NHL hits 100 points, let alone two on the same team.
    And no one has hit 60 goals since Stamkos in 2011/12.

IIRC scoring rose steadily through the 70s, peaked in the mid-80s and spiked again in the early 90s.

Then the Devils, the neutral-zone trap, Michelin Man goalies, super-fast Euros and Russians, and expansion came along, and pretty much killed any chances of returning to a high-scoring league, despite all of Buttman's gimmicks.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Yeah, mid 90s is when the clutch and grab and huge goalie equipment became the rage.

Sidenote, the Bruins clobbered the Rangers tonight.

LOL not only is the Skirts' window slammed shut, it's getting boarded up.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Sidenote, the Bruins clobbered the Rangers tonight.

LOL not only is the Skirts' window slammed shut, it's getting boarded up.
    They know it's time to rebuild.