Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline GDT:

Just bring up Lindblom and bench Lehtera

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    they aren't in cap trouble so they shouldn't give any picks/prospects to deal players...you only do that when you are jammed against the cap. They can easily buy out Weise/Lehtera this off season if desired and still have TONS of cap room. or buy one guy out and park the other in LHV ala Read.
    disagree yes they should. Weiss has no role on this team and has 2 more years to go. You move him. They have plenty of picks/prospects to entice someone to take him. It wont cripple Ronalds 7 year plan

fuck buying either out as dont want any dead cap space in a few years/year when you hope they will actually need it.
    Pussy Galore

The Flyers will not be adding.

They should be looking to move a guy like Gudas to Toronto and Filpulla to Columbus or something. Get a couple of picks back and allow yourself to move up at this years draft to get Tkachuk.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    move up at this years draft to get Tkachuk.
    yes please.

Filppula playing on the 4th line has to indicate that he is available. You could argue for keeping him when he was the 2nd center but now obviously he is on the way out.

Manning should be available. No reason to extend him when they have several D on the way. He should have a little bit of value too as he is serviceable and somewhat physical. Be a decent depth addition for the playoffs.

No one will take Lehtera unless they are crazy so just banish or buy out.

MacDonald is unlikely and with him playing relatively well there is less incentive to try to force something.

Read is already gone.

Gudas I don't think they are looking to move at this time as their only RH D until Myers gets here. Plus he has been playing well.

Weal has been disappointing and I'd certainly listen to anyone who inexplicably likes him. Don't hold your breath though.

So pretty much just ditch spare parts like Filp and Manning for whatever you can get. Not exciting but necessary house keeping moves. Vorobyev can move up along with Lindblom and a D and the team would be better as a result. Keep turning that roster over.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Filppula playing on the 4th line has to indicate that he is available. You could argue for keeping him when he was the 2nd center but now obviously he is on the way out.

Manning should be available. No reason to extend him when they have several D on the way. He should have a little bit of value too as he is serviceable and somewhat physical. Be a decent depth addition for the playoffs.

MacDonald is unlikely and with him playing relatively well there is less incentive to try to force something.

Read is already gone.

Gudas I don't think they are looking to move at this time as their only RH D until Myers gets here. Plus he has been playing well.

Weal has been disappointing and I'd certainly listen to anyone who inexplicably likes him. Don't hold your breath though.

So pretty much just ditch spare parts like Filp and Manning for whatever you can get. Not exciting but necessary house keeping moves. Vorobyev can move up along with Lindblom and a D and the team would be better as a result. Keep turning that roster over.
    totally disagree. he has been bad.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post

Read is already gone.

Can't say I disagree with any of that...except for the Gudas part...ehhhh I suppose he is playing "well" but I think Ronald could deal him.

Filppula is the only player we have that MIGHT have any value and that is because he is Vet with Stanley Cup experience. I don't know how much you can get for him. For those reasons, though, I imagine that Hextall would rather just keep him for a run at a play-offs spot.

Outside of him you are talking about either players with no value or player that may be part of the long term plans on the team.

All that said, I can see him making a move for a player that would help now and in the future. That would require giving up more assets. I say that but Hextall, to date, has not made a move like that so maybe he is scared to pull the trigger.

I would personally drive Fillpulla to the airport...the guy is a nothing player and Ronald should look to trade him but he has a full NTC. The flyers are so fucking tight lipped we will never know if Hextall asks him for a no trade list.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    Can't say I disagree with any of that...except for the Gudas part...ehhhh I suppose he is playing "well" but I think Ronald could deal him.
    Sure he could deal Gudas depending on the return but I don’t see him as someone who they are trying to move based on him not fitting into their future. They have a list of guys who fit that description who they are presumably actively trying to move.

Gudas is more of a listen to offers and see if anything whets your appetite kind of a situation. Fine if he stays and his contract is good, and if you get an enticing offer that makes you change your plans then great. Myers should be ready by next season at the latest. Only problem is he is made of glass. That alone makes me want to keep Gudas as a right side backup plan so to speak. Depending on offers. Everyone has their price.