Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
2018 Trade Deadline GDT: - Page 19
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Trade Deadline GDT:

A bridge goalie like Lehner would make sense. The rest is garbage from mouth breathing sabers fans.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    A bridge goalie like Lehner would make sense. The rest is garbage from mouth breathing sabers fans.
    I think Lehner is probably the best one out there who doesn't have a huge, long-term contract that a team is trying to ditch, but it hinges on what Buffalo is asking. They gave up the 21st overall pick for him in 2015. They may want to recoup too much of that. And goalies are such a crapshoot that I'd stay away from trading anything of significant value.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Yep the culling is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    I could see Hextall shooting for Lehner, who is an RFA but I don't think Kane makes much sense for the Flyers unless you are including someone like Weal in the trade. Also, Buffalo would be better suited trading those two in separate deals.

Buffalo is supposedly talking to both Nashville and Tampa about Kane.The speculation around here is that a Lehner/Rienhart package is going to cost a vet dman.If they are talking with Hextall,I'm thinking the vet dman is Gudas.As for Buffalo giving up a #1 to get Lehner,That was Murray who would have taken a 2nd rounder for him before he got canned.Murray took some heat when he made that deal to begin with.The new front office has soured on him and have a goalie in the wings in Ulmark waiting to take over.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    That was indeed a terrible trade by Murray. I remember watching the draft & scratching my head at giving up #21 overall for an unproven goalie. The position is just too unpredictable to give up that kind of value for Lehner, not that I think he’s a bad goalie. I don’t really like the idea of giving up more than a 4th & Elliott, but I’m sure that’s not going to fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by KTJMcG View Post
    Buffalo is supposedly talking to both Nashville and Tampa about Kane.The speculation around here is that a Lehner/Rienhart package is going to cost a vet dman.If they are talking with Hextall,I'm thinking the vet dman is Gudas.As for Buffalo giving up a #1 to get Lehner,That was Murray who would have taken a 2nd rounder for him before he got canned.Murray took some heat when he made that deal to begin with.The new front office has soured on him and have a goalie in the wings in Ulmark waiting to take over.
    For Gudas. Yes please

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I think Lehner is probably the best one out there who doesn't have a huge, long-term contract that a team is trying to ditch, but it hinges on what Buffalo is asking. They gave up the 21st overall pick for him in 2015. They may want to recoup too much of that. And goalies are such a crapshoot that I'd stay away from trading anything of significant value.
    A 2nd , 3rd (2019)and weiss for the goalie and a 6th...sure why not
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by KTJMcG View Post

ummmm yes...definitely yes but that is way too good to be true. Reinhart and Lehner for a vet dman...do they really want to alienate every fan they have?

Hextall is in an odd spot. He absolutely needs to add a goalie. Nuevirth has shown no ability to stay healthy as a starter and Lyon may be ok as a backup, but didn't show well in his first shot and is one injury away from being the starter.

Both Nuevirth and Elliot are signed through next year, so whetever you do this year either has to be short term (expiring) or you have to be willing to move on from one of the two goalies you have on the roster for next year.

Lastly, you have prospects coming along. Whatever Hextall does has to be with the prospects in mind.

I like Lehner because you may be able to sign him or move him again if you are married to Elliot / Nuevirth for one more year.

Realistically though it's more likely you wind up with a true UFA. The cost will probably be low, as there are alot of options out there and not alot of teams looking for a goalie. I think the team likes Elliot alot and they will commit to him for next year.

My guess is they wind up trading for someone like Cam Ward or Jonathan Bernier.

How many other play-off teams are looking for a goalie and how many non-play-off teams have a UFA they are wanting to unload. Those two things will determine the cost. I'm not sure of the answer for those question ... I would think most play-off teams are at least in a decent spot in net.