Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Nolan Patrick - is he turning the corner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nolan Patrick - is he turning the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    agreed that he hasn't played near the level you'd hope for from a top pick. when we went to the devils game last week my wife was like "wow, Nico is light years ahead of Patrick" and it's true....hasn't been close. I'm hoping this is a Joe Thornton type rookie year.
    Even Hischier isn't tearing it up this year. It's the draft+1 & draft+2 guys such as Barzal, Boesser, etc. that are getting it done as rookies this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    Even Hischier isn't tearing it up this year. It's the draft+1 & draft+2 guys such as Barzal, Boesser, etc. that are getting it done as rookies this year.
    no doubt but you can see the speed and playmaking even if Nico isn't scoring at a high level yet. still 8 goals/20 assists in 44 games is essentially a 50+ point pace as a rookie which I'd take all day every day.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    We waited 6 years for Couturier to play at a level he was projected. It took Schenn about 5. That's why I get frustrated when you get all hard over the prospects. They very rarely plugin and make the team better. Konecney is taking time to develop. Frost will take time. That's why I am sick of kicking the can down the road. The Flyers are supposed to be supplementing a core with these kids. But trading away solid polished players only prolongs the "process".
    This!
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    Hischier has 28 points. Patrick has 9. Big difference there. Hischier is putting up 2C numbers and is a plus player.
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

I don't care who you are, I think it is hard for 18/19 year olds to excel in the NHL unless they are really top level talents ... which obviously McDavid, Matthews and Laine are. By the way, Hischier and Patrick are the only 2 players from that draft still in the NHL.

We waited 6 years for Couturier to play at a level he was projected. It took Schenn about 5. That's why I get frustrated when you get all hard over the prospects. They very rarely plugin and make the team better. Konecney is taking time to develop. Frost will take time. That's why I am sick of kicking the can down the road. The Flyers are supposed to be supplementing a core with these kids. But trading away solid polished players only prolongs the "process".
    Yup. Not to go down the Schenn rabbit hole but that is what sucks about that trade. The return probably isn't that bad for what he was at the time of the trade but you removed a productive player and replaced him with draft picks.

Patrick is slowly improving, just needs to be consistent from game to game. He looks good one game then atrocious the next. Development isnít without peaks and valleys, but Patrick needs to significantly reduce the variability of those peaks and valleys over the remainder of the season. Looking forward to more from him next season.

To add to this, itís a good thing Patrick is coming around, because Filppula looks cooked.

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER.

And thanks for making me hate the Schenn trade even more than I did five minutes ago.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    those are fair points but there are a number of players throughout the league (look at Boston/NJ) where young guys are having more immediate impacts...just because some of the Flyers past prospects have taken some time doesn't mean they will all take that much time to produce. Each player is different. The best thing you can do is try and pick good players, develop them and hope they can contribute sooner rather than later.

The Flyers have young players making Immediate impacts. Provorov is a prime example. But not all can do that and I think Couturier, and Schenn are proof that it could take 5-6 years for them to be core players. Why trade players like that after you spent time and money developing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post

And thanks for making me hate the Schenn trade even more than I did five minutes ago.
    I hate it more every time that fucking STIFF Lehtera takes the ice. I mean how the SHIT did St. Louis justify giving him a 4.7M average salary? What's even more laughable is how they convinced Hextall to take the salary. I'd hate the Schenn trade a lot less if Lehtera wasn't involved. multi millionaire and he has 3 more assists than I do.