Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Nolan Patrick - is he turning the corner? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nolan Patrick - is he turning the corner?

Newsflash: They aren't getting Tavares

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet Drive View Post
    Newsflash: They aren't getting Tavares
    Every year, there is at least one “Will the Toronto Maple Leafs get (insert player here)?” storyline.This year’s player is Brad Richards Steven Stamkos John Tavares.
    You can groan about it all you want but you know this is going to get talked about until Tavares signs somewhere, even if that place is in Long Island, or wherever the Islanders play now. Brooklyn?
    Just yesterday I was reading a list of the worst contracts and Toronto was on that list several times, on the hook for several million dollars to players (including Lupul) who haven't played from almost the day they signed their big ass contract.

Yet here they are, nabbing what may be the top free agent in the market.
    “Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    Just yesterday I was reading a list of the worst contracts and Toronto was on that list several times, on the hook for several million dollars to players (including Lupul) who haven't played from almost the day they signed their big ass contract.

Yet here they are, nabbing what may be the top free agent in the market.
    not gonna happen, they have no cap space and a bunch of players to sign

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    I miss the good ole days when the Rangers had at least five ridiculous contracts and still lost.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.” General James Mattis

I say we have about a 5% chance at Tavares...rules say we cant offer as many years as Isles.

He probably goes back to the Isles, but I'd watch out for the Sharks...they gotta do something to compete with the Nashvilles and Vegas's....they are close but Tavares could put them over the top.

Outside chance would also be the hawks or blues....two other teams coming off bad years that want to shoot back to the top.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyPuck View Post
    not gonna happen, they have no cap space and a bunch of players to sign
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...e-agent-market

Flyers didn't make the top eight potential trading partners
    Last edited by bmp1; 05-10-2018 at 04:54 PM.
    “Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself.”

Mark Twain on the members of Capitol Hill.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...e-agent-market

Flyers didn't make the top eight potential trading partners
    Even journalists know sackless Ron would never attempt it...too bold.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    I say we have about a 5% chance at Tavares...rules say we cant offer as many years as Isles.

He probably goes back to the Isles, but I'd watch out for the Sharks...they gotta do something to compete with the Nashvilles and Vegas's....they are close but Tavares could put them over the top.

Outside chance would also be the hawks or blues....two other teams coming off bad years that want to shoot back to the top.
    Nashville has the loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post

Hawks are facing some major cap issues. Id be shocked if they were even interested.