Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Hurricanes sold for 505 MILLION LMAO! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42

Thread: Hurricanes sold for 505 MILLION LMAO!

  1. #11
    that's nuts....it's all based on the artificial price for new franchises...

  2. #12
    1. The team didn't sell for 505 million, they are valued at 505 million.
    2. He's buying 52 percent of the team with the option to buy the rest. So he won't be buying the team for 505 million.
    3. It hasn't been finalized yet. They are expected to close today, on the 52 percent.

  3. #13
    Comcast would be dumb not to sell the Flyers soon. This has to be a golden age of sports franchise valuations. Clippers ~$2.2B, Panthers ~$2.0B, Hawks ~$850MM, Dodgers ~$2B.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    Comcast would be dumb not to sell the Flyers soon. This has to be a golden age of sports franchise valuations. Clippers ~$2.2B, Panthers ~$2.0B, Hawks ~$850MM, Dodgers ~$2B.
    i agree a hundred percent. i have no idea how comcast fits the flyers into their operating model, and why they even bother. they are poorly run, last time i was there the center was falling apart (although i understand they've dome some renovations recently), and their TV rating for the team must be nearly invisible. i think within 5 years they will be out of the sports business altogether.....they'll come to the city for $$ for a new arena (the center will be almost 30 years old (almost exactly how long they played at the spectrum), the city will tell them to fuck themselves, and that will be it.

    also rumours continue to circulate the sixers are trying to sever their relationship with CSN and start their own TV network.....also talk of them moving to camden but that one's been around forever....
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

    ďI donít know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,Ē Richards said. ďI just didnít feel very well.Ē

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

  5. #15
    Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    9,172
    Agreed. Comcast says it isnít interested in selling the Flyers. I donít believe them. Plus, they can sell the fact that the Flyers have a lot of up & coming talent & soon will be a perennial playoff team (whether or not thatís true). Itís a great time to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    i agree a hundred percent. i have no idea how comcast fits the flyers into their operating model, and why they even bother. they are poorly run, last time i was there the center was falling apart (although i understand they've dome some renovations recently), and their TV rating for the team must be nearly invisible. i think within 5 years they will be out of the sports business altogether.....they'll come to the city for $$ for a new arena (the center will be almost 30 years old (almost exactly how long they played at the spectrum), the city will tell them to fuck themselves, and that will be it.

    also rumours continue to circulate the sixers are trying to sever their relationship with CSN and start their own TV network.....also talk of them moving to camden but that one's been around forever....
    How much money do the flyers lose a year? Any debt? The franchise could be used as a tax shield. Who knows...

  7. #17
    Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not in Chiraq
    Posts
    21,496
    I would love to see the Flyers sold to a person who loves the sport and the team. This is what happens to a franchise when a corporation owns it.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

  8. #18
    Just throwing this out there... the grass isnít always greener. The Flyers still spend to the cap, buyout bad contracts when theyíve made mistakes, take on bad contracts for additional assets, and sign players at will. For me, I couldnít really ask for more out of ownership. Not sure some folks realize how challenging it would be operating in a manner similar to Ottawa where itís all about managing a budget. Regardless of what happens with Comcast or a new arena in the future, I just hope the Flyers continue to operate on the pursuit of winning, not hitting a budget.

  9. #19
    All Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Malvern PA
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    How much money do the flyers lose a year? Any debt? The franchise could be used as a tax shield. Who knows...
    FLIP was so right in his rankings.

  10. #20
    All Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Malvern PA
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    Just throwing this out there... the grass isn’t always greener. The Flyers still spend to the cap, buyout bad contracts when they’ve made mistakes, take on bad contracts for additional assets, and sign players at will. For me, I couldn’t really ask for more out of ownership. Not sure some folks realize how challenging it would be operating in a manner similar to Ottawa where it’s all about managing a budget. Regardless of what happens with Comcast or a new arena in the future, I just hope the Flyers continue to operate on the pursuit of winning, not hitting a budget.
    Oh stop with facts and logic.

    Everything orange and black and an ice surface is no good, sucks, no one cares, ownership doesn't know anything, is a tax "write-off" etc etc etc etc etc.

    Far better to have an operation like the Coyotes combined with a fanbase like the Florida Panthers.

    I assume that posters in here would be thrilled then.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •