Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Hurricanes sold for 505 MILLION LMAO!

  1. #1

    Hurricanes sold for 505 MILLION LMAO!

    https://www.tsn.ca/report-hurricanes...close-1.965108

    NHLOL Ponzi scheme...how in the fuckidy fuck fuck are the Hurricanes worth 505 MILLION????? They never sell out and last couple of seasons were handing out thousands of comp tickets each game.

  2. #2
    That actually sounds low for a Sports Franchise these days.

  3. #3
    Moon Blard FLiP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manayunk
    Posts
    44,398
    Forbes had them valued at 370 million. Not too Shabby. Purchased for 48 Million in 1994
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

    This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

  4. #4
    All Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Malvern PA
    Posts
    2,920
    Hmmmm.

    For a "dead sport" that "no one watches" or "cares about" that's a pretty good price to pay to participate.

  5. #5
    Moon Blard FLiP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manayunk
    Posts
    44,398
    Wonder if the purchase was contingent on them being able to move?
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

    This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Forbes had them valued at 370 million. Not too Shabby. Purchased for 48 Million in 1994

    Ok honest question here. How can this team be valued at even 370 million? They are not a successful franchise, as I said they don't draw well and I'm sure there merchandise sales are um....not good. Is it the arena? Teams and cities spend hundreds of millions of dollars for new barns and perhaps the arenas are what constitute a bulk of a franchise's value?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Wonder if the purchase was contingent on them being able to move?

    That article doesn't say anything about moving, but I read before that they aren't moving....the sale was contingent upon them staying...no way uncle Gary lets a southern team move again.

  8. #8
    Comcast probably likes that valuation a lot.

  9. #9
    Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Smithville, NJ
    Posts
    62,920
    If the Canes are worth $505 million the Canadiens must be wort at least $1 Zillion dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

    You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Wonder if the purchase was contingent on them being able to move?
    He only got 52% of the team with the option to purchase the remaining 48% in 3 years.The lease is up in 2024.If he buys Karmos in 2021,I could see him buying the lease out and moving them to Houston.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •