Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Maroon

Quote Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
    Gudas for Wilson. Opens up a spot for Morin

All the sudden we have some much needed size and nasty.
    fair and done.

Why would the Caps want that trade?
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Minor Leaguer
    They might not. But if they need a cheap dman to play on the bottom pair thatís a RH shot and has a physical game they might bite. As a Flyer fan Iíd hope so. I donít follow the league like I used too. Games boring now. But if you can get a top 6 D for a 4th liner thatís normally a no brainer.

I wouldnt send Gudas to anyone in the Metro division.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Why would the Caps want that trade?
    the only reason I would see is he still may be too expensive (even at $3.5 mill)...they may need a cheap $1 mill salary to pay Ovy, Backstrom, Carlson and Co. biggest possible obstacle I'd see....

Buyer beware on Maroon, IMO. Last season was totally a product of him playing with McDavid. He never came close to producing those numbers prior to last season and I don't think he will again on a different team without McDavid. I like his size and physical game but I wouldn't expect offensive production on the Flyers.

One other note ... I will be annoyed if the Flyers "buy" at the deadline unless it is for a younger offensive player under contract/control for a number of years that is already a good producer or will be very shortly. This team has way too many holes to make a run IF they make the play-offs. We should unload the dead weight and build towards next season.

Add Wilson and Maroon. trade simmonds to a contender for 2 late firsts and a salary dump for the next 3 years
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    I could see Gudas to Edmonton for Maroon but not to Wsh. for Wilson.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Add Wilson and Maroon. trade simmonds to a contender for 2 late firsts and a salary dump for the next 3 years
    if they trade Simmonds I wouldn't go for more 1sts...they have enough and need some real NHL players unless it's a top 5 pick (who likely won't trade for Simmonds). I'd go the Mike Richards route...get some up and comers like Simmonds/Schenn.. The Blues have some really good prospects, Nashville, Minn and a few other possible trade partners.