Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Patrick Maroon - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Maroon

Rookie
    Maroon is a streaky player, lacks speed and wants a nice payday; rumours are he will be asking $4M+ after this year...the Flyers should stay on course and not get retreads.

He would be a whipping boy in Philly when he entered one of his cold streaks...he has 1 goal in his last 13 games.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Maroon is a streaky player, lacks speed and wants a nice payday; rumours are he will be asking $4M+ after this year...the Flyers should stay on course and not get retreads.

He would be a whipping boy in Philly when he entered one of his cold streaks...he has 1 goal in his last 13 games.
    Agreed. Not the kind of guy I’d go after. I’d rather just bring up Lindblom if they want to add a wing. As I said, though, I probably wouldn’t be opposed to adding a veteran 2C, & I’ve been against adding any vets. But the playoffs would be nice. This of course is as long as they don’t have to give up any significant prospects or picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    What they need more is a 2nd line center. Badly.
    That had one of the better second line centers in the game...they traded him to St. Louis.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    Oh Jesus fuck no you didn't just say that...oh the god damn irony is beyond great....expect to get ridiculed as usual

You really cant make this shit up at this point.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

proud parent of a not-so-new-born fully grown psychopath FlyersFanSinceBirth's Avatar
    I'd go after Tom Wilson. I've read a couple rumors that the Caps may be letting him go after this season. I like the idea of Maroon, but I think he'll be looking for more money than he's worth, due to some inflated point totals from playing with McDavid.

Maybe if the Flyers are in the playoff hunt at the deadline, go after Maroon, then let him go in the off-season and go after Wilson.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post
    I'd go after Tom Wilson. I've read a couple rumors that the Caps may be letting him go after this season. I like the idea of Maroon, but I think he'll be looking for more money than he's worth, due to some inflated point totals from playing with McDavid.

Maybe if the Flyers are in the playoff hunt at the deadline, go after Maroon, then let him go in the off-season and go after Wilson.
    I would love Tom Wilson here. 6'4" 230 and he is only 23. He just signed a two year deal for $4M. The Caps don't let him go for cheap, what do the Flyers give up?
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by FlyersFanSinceBirth View Post

Inflated point totals by playing with an elite player? impossible concept to grasp on this board.

That said, the Flyers will have some cash to burn. I'd pay for someone like that over eating Lehtera, Weise and whoever else they have.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Inflated point totals by playing with an elite player? impossible concept to grasp on this board.

Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyersailor View Post
    I would love Tom Wilson here. 6'4" 230 and he is only 23. He just signed a two year deal for $4M. The Caps don't let him go for cheap, what do the Flyers give up?
    big fan of him and his game....I don't think he'd be cheap because he's a rare player in today's game. It'd probably take someone like Morin/Myers....they lost Schmidt in the ED and need cheap contracts and defensemen especially with Carlson needing be signed to a new long term deal....that's going to be a pricey one and they'll likely have to lose Orpik to afford him.

Minor Leaguer
    Gudas for Wilson. Opens up a spot for Morin

All the sudden we have some much needed size and nasty.