Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrick Maroon

Patrick Maroon

If the Flyers continue to play well and are still in contention for a playoff spot in a few weeks I think Patrick Maroon would be a good fit to bring back. Big, tough power winger who scored 27 goals last year. He's having a down year in Edm as is the rest of the team and they will be looking to unload a few guys soon. Only $2M salary and UFA at the end of this year so the risk is low provided the asking price is reasonable. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz88 View Post
    If the Flyers continue to play well and are still in contention for a playoff spot in a few weeks I think Patrick Maroon would be a good fit to bring back. Big, tough power winger who scored 27 goals last year. He's having a down year in Edm as is the rest of the team and they will be looking to unload a few guys soon. Only $2M salary and UFA at the end of this year so the risk is low provided the asking price is reasonable. Thoughts?
    i would have no problem with that. he's better than 5-6 forwards on this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    What they need more is a 2nd line center. Badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Oh Jesus fuck no you didn't just say that...oh the god damn irony is beyond great....expect to get ridiculed as usual

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Anything that gets Weise / Lehtera off the ice for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Assuming Lindblom gets called up soon:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
    Weal-(Huge hole)-Voracek
    Lindblom-Filppula-Simmonds
    Laughton-Patrick-Raffl
    Goulbourne in when needed or if you trade one of the above

Weise & Lehtera in the trash.
    Leier who cares.

Ideally, you’d get someone to take Filppula’s expiring contract in a trade for a 2C, &’Patrick would go b/w Lindblom & Simmonds, & Laughton b/w Raffl & Goul.

Didn’t he basically get kicked off the Phantoms for having several issues with coaches and teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by MyPuck View Post
    Didn’t he basically get kicked off the Phantoms for having several issues with coaches and teammates?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Assuming Lindblom gets called up soon:

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
    Weal-(Huge hole)-Voracek
    Lindblom-Filppula-Simmonds
    Laughton-Patrick-Raffl
    Goulbourne in when needed or if you trade one of the above

Weise & Lehtera in the trash.
    Leier who cares.

Ideally, you’d get someone to take Filppula’s expiring contract in a trade for a 2C, &’Patrick would go b/w Lindblom & Simmonds, & Laughton b/w Raffl & Goul.
    Patrick will eventually be that guy but yeah it's a big hole for now. Since they wont move G back to center then that doesn't leave many options.

I'd shop Filppula but I don't know how much value he has at this point. Probably not much.

Vorobyev is injured too I believe.

I'd leave Laughton at center, where he has been serviceable, call up Lindblom and pray for Patrick improvement for now.

Next season Vorobyev needs to be up in a 3rd line role and Rubtsov on the Phantoms. Frost maybe makes a case for himself after the killer season he is having. It's a promote from within thing for now.

Any player you trade for at 2nd C is going to be Filppula like unfortunately and Hextall isn't going to spend the assets for more unless he thinks they are getting close. You can argue that he should but that's apparently his approach for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Patrick will eventually be that guy but yeah it's a big hole for now. Since they wont move G back to center then that doesn't leave many options.

I'd shop Filppula but I don't know how much value he has at this point. Probably not much.

Vorobyev is injured too I believe.

I'd leave Laughton at center, where he has been serviceable, call up Lindblom and pray for Patrick improvement for now.

Next season Vorobyev needs to be up in a 3rd line role and Rubtsov on the Phantoms. Frost maybe makes a case for himself after the killer season he is having. It's a promote from within thing for now.

Any player you trade for at 2nd C is going to be Filppula like unfortunately and Hextall isn't going to spend the assets for more unless he thinks they are getting close. You can argue that he should but that's apparently his approach for now.
    He traded for Filppula last season, so I figure he might do something similar again. The huge hole at 2C is going to kill their chances, as Filppula is just awful. Neither Patrick nor Laughton are adequate for the job.