Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GDT - Sabres @ Flyers - Sun. 1/7/2018

GDT - Sabres @ Flyers - Sun. 1/7/2018

Flyers going for 3 wins in a row. Giroux climbing the stat ladder. NFL game also on TV today.

Going to be watching the bills game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

I need the Jags (+4.5) and Saints (+6.5) to cover today to hit my four-team, 13-point tease.............fingers crossed.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    I need the Jags (+4.5) and Saints (+6.5) to cover today to hit my four-team, 13-point tease.............fingers crossed.
    Good luck

this is a classic trap game that the Flyers lose.

Just got home...........

Leading 2-1 with Couturier with another goal along with Ghost.

Jack Eichel is not a generational talent and will never surpass the level Giroux is at currently let alone in their primes.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Jack Eichel is not a generational talent and will never surpass the level Giroux is at currently let alone in their primes.
    Who said he was?

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Eichel was 19 last season a year removed from being a heralded second overall pick whod have gone first in any non-McDavid year.
    Giroux was 29 in his 3rd straight season of declining production with a $9M contract for 6 more seasons.
    There was no guarantee hed rebound into what he was. Im shocked at his turnaround this season at ES (partly thanks to Couturier & the wing move).
    The Flyers are a rebuilding team. Youre crazy if you dont make that trade at the time.

Eichel was 19 last season a year removed from being a heralded second overall pick who’d have gone first in any non-McDavid year.
    Giroux was 29 in his 3rd straight season of declining production with a $9M contract for 6 more seasons.
    There was no guarantee he’d rebound into what he was. I’m shocked at his turnaround this season at ES (partly thanks to Couturier & the wing move).
    The Flyers are a rebuilding team. You’re crazy if you don’t make that trade at the time.
    Giroux is playing great this year. Another terrific saucer pass to Couturier today. Plus, he really seems to be a leader this year.
    Lots of people are now seeing how well Couturier can really play. I'm fortunate as I get to see these players up close all the time in Voorhees. I've see the shot that Couturier has for years now. But he's never had the chance playing with the scum he's played with over the years. Plus, he really never had much time on the PP either. Now he has the chance and is showing what he can do.

Couturier has been great this year. No doubt. So easy to look at things objectively. Sad others cant. This board pretty much sucks because of the agendas.