Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Brandon Manning ever won a NHL Fight?

Sanheim's a rookie with a ton of upside. Play him and let him learn. What upside does Manning have?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Sanheim's a rookie with a ton of upside. Play him and let him learn. What upside does Manning have?
    teams can use his head as a punching bag while the Flyers win one, lose one, win one, lose one on their way to finishing outside the playoffs....Sanheim had a similarly slow start offensively last year in the AHL and then it started to click and he became very productive. He has the tools, he has things he needs to work on no doubt but you can see the flashes.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Manning doesn’t have any upside.
    And I think Sanheim will turn out.
    But he’s no better than Manning right now.
    And this team has to get its identity back.
    For the short term, and psychology, you have to go with the tougher guy if the weaker guy can’t outplay you.

I'm OK with them getting Manning some time as they try to reestablish their identity. He's got grit and I respect that, and honestly he isn't playing that badly right now.

That said, Sanheim is the future and should not be benched for too long. He will never learn and make the adjustment if they don't resume playing him, and that is NOT in the long-term interest of the team.

Manning should be used in spots as a solid 7th D but not over Sanheim for extended periods of time or the bulk of the games. Manning should play about 20-30 games depending on injuries but this coach seems to think he should play 60-70. Usage continues to be a problem.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Someone will get injured and/or Gudas will get suspended again. Only a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    Someone will get injured and/or Gudas will get suspended again. Only a matter of time.
    Yes and that's a fine role for a vet 7th like Manning to perform. He can sit for 20 games and not be adversely affected. I don't know that the same can be said for Sanheim.