View Poll Results: Why is Orange Board Traffic so down?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • FLiP hurt my feels

0 0%
  • Flyers suck balls

4 18.18%
  • Work/Life stuff

1 4.55%
  • Combo of 2 & 3

17 77.27%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Board Traffic

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    For me it is an All of the Above thing. The Flyers suck so my interest is low ... probably as low as it has ever been. I have kid who is 7 who happily takes up a lot of my free time. So I really only come by here when I have a free moment at work and occasionally when I am away from work. But when I do come by and check on things pretty much every thread is two or three of the same posters calling each other idiots over and over again. I'm sorry, I don't find that interesting. And so, Yes, the board absolutely does suck now.

100% spot on.

If TILTP left this place would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    If TILTP left this place would be better.
    Truth.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    I honestly don't get the "board sucks" or is "terrible".

Are posters who think that way now posting at other hockey boards?
    No. Other boreds suck too. I still check in here, but most times find it's not worth my time to post or engage. Alot of good posters left over the years so even if this is the "best" flyers bored it has certainly taken a huge hit in quality over the years.

When the bored is just an unfunny version of groundhog's day with less interesting characters, it's hard to say it isn't bad.

Flyers suck balls 75%, work/life 25%.

The sad thing is, in the NHL you can still suck and be entertaining. Play young, hungry kids, dress a 4th line of goons, etc. etc. I would watch the Flyers more if they sucked but were at least entertaining, but they're not.

They suck, they're boring, and Saint Ronnie is not committed to a total rebuild, which is about the worst kind of team Philly can have. Fire His Ass.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

I assume the older people on the board that post regularly is because their life has wound down a bit in their old age. Not any fresh blood to spend all of their time on here (Twitter is like a rolling message board). People in their 30's, 40's probably just trying to survive with kids, other shit. The board becomes less interesting.

Plus, the Flyers suck.
    aka BeerMan.

Quote Originally Posted by ConspiraCeeZ View Post
    You guys are a bunch of insufferable cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Flyers suck balls 75%, work/life 25%.

The sad thing is, in the NHL you can still suck and be entertaining. Play young, hungry kids, dress a 4th line of goons, etc. etc. I would watch the Flyers more if they sucked but were at least entertaining, but they're not.

They suck, they're boring, and Saint Ronnie is not committed to a total rebuild, which is about the worst kind of team Philly can have. Fire His Ass.
    Did you find a new job? Still in NYC?
    aka BeerMan.

Quote Originally Posted by ConspiraCeeZ View Post
    You guys are a bunch of insufferable cunts.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    For me, probably 75% work/life stuff, 25% Flyers suck balls
    Probably this ratio.Couple of deaths a week apart on the wife's side of the family and picking up side jobs since being fully retired in October.

Poster formerly known as zildjian92 Clarence_Worley's Avatar
    Posting on message boards peaked about 10 years ago... it's been in steady decline ever since. Witness Philaphans, Sherdog, etc. It's the same all over the internet. I imagine social media probably has a lot to do with this, pulling away quality and quantity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatrick99 View Post
    I am a douche bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancheza View Post
    The best way to pay cash is to use your visa or master card.

I was talking to my wife about this last night. She wondered why the bored was slow. I told her that it was a combination of the Flyers sucking by being boring and lacking anything that resembles physical play and that people find better things to do with their time. It's also a societal thing...where people at the games are using their phones and taking the overall excitement away from the game. This combined with the new NHL etc makes for the horrible shit show we see today.

The Flyers would be infinitely more exciting if they played a hard physical game and beat some ass along the way. Do that and it won't matter if they win or lose...just give us something exciting and worth watching!