Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoskins - Phillies

0 0%
  • Provorov - Flyers

3 7.50%
  • Wentz - Eagles

35 87.50%
  • Embiid - Sixers

2 5.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?

All 4 have potential, but Wentz is different. He plays the most important position on the field, and is showing elite talent in his 2nd year. Gotta give the Eagles credit for picking their spot and trading up. That sort of thing rarely works out, but as of now I think I'd rather have Wentz over Watson and Coleman, who I think went in the spots the Eagles otherwise would have drafted. And Watson himself looks like a winner.

Naturally, Cleveland looks to have squandered the picks.

Simmons is the better player. Embiid is more important.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaFlyer 502 View Post
    I'm a pussy and a faggot

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs2Rich View Post
    guys look good.

Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    first thing we thought about was getting a broomstick to anally rape a teammate.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    All four have a stud or two or three. That being said, the Eagles are the only team of the four that are good enough and complete enough to win now.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Embiid and Wentz are two of the very best players in their respective leagues.

The Flyers don't have that.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

The Sixers ineptitude was ugly, but at least they were honest about the process. They set the expectation bar low for the past 5 years.....now it's their time to climb the ladder.

Big Dick Nick - Eagles.

Which makes me and I am sure a lot of others less pessimistic about the Flyers.

Much easier to deal with mediocrity and a rebuild, when the City just won the most important championship that there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Eh, they won it a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    Eh, they won it a week ago.

Phillies Championship from 2008 still makes me happy. Basically Philadelphia has won the 2 most relevant sports championships within the last 10 years and the biggest one a week ago.

The Flyers can continue their drought indefinitely and it's not as frustrating after last week.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

I am a hockey fan first. I am longing for a Stanley Cup. It doesn't matter what happens in between.

Not serious in my previous post. Still riding high from the Eagles win. 10 years later the World Series high has worn off, but the memory of the feeling has not.

Phillies will probably win again before the Flyers. They are very close to being extremely good again.

I used to be hockey first when the NHL resembled the sport I grew up playing and watching in the 90s. What I see on TV is closer to soccer now and it's no longer a man's game.