View Poll Results: Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hoskins - Phillies

0 0%
  • Provorov - Flyers

3 7.50%
  • Wentz - Eagles

35 87.50%
  • Embiid - Sixers

2 5.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?

Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?

Which Philadelphia young star will lead this city to the promised land first?
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

This is a two man race.

And couldn't the argument be made that if it's the sixers, Simmons will be the one doing the leading?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafSittler View Post
    Let me tell you why I know more. It's not because I'm Canadian. It's because I played 3 years in the OHL and played for the Memorial Cup. It's because I played 2 years in the AHL and if not for a bum knee, I might have gotten my shot at the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
    I don't say stuff like this, but if I got a hold of you right now I'd probably bash your head into the stone floor until it burst like an overripe melon. In the future you're welcome to keep your fuck ed up opinions to yourself.

Wentz is terrific and the Eagles look great this year

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
    This is a two man race.

And couldn't the argument be made that if it's the sixers, Simmons will be the one doing the leading?
    Simmons will be great, but if the Sixers ever win a Championship their best player will be Embiid.
    World Fucking Champions !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
    Simmons will be great, but if the Sixers ever win a Championship their best player will be Embiid.
    Caterer, I will only believe this if you confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafSittler View Post
    Let me tell you why I know more. It's not because I'm Canadian. It's because I played 3 years in the OHL and played for the Memorial Cup. It's because I played 2 years in the AHL and if not for a bum knee, I might have gotten my shot at the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
    I don't say stuff like this, but if I got a hold of you right now I'd probably bash your head into the stone floor until it burst like an overripe melon. In the future you're welcome to keep your fuck ed up opinions to yourself.

My thoughts

Eagles - They could quite possibly win it all this year. The stars are aligning.

Phillies - The Best farm in MLB. Young star caliber talent already in place with a couple more on the way up. They also have boat load of cash to fill in the holes

Sixers - They just barely edge out the Flyers. They only need a couple all-star caliber players. They appear to have them in the making, health is a factor.

Flyers - Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds grow another year older. The only player to legitimately take a step up is Couturier, about 4 years later than all had hoped. They have a stud defensman and a lot of prospects, but I dont think the GM has a clue how to manage the actual product on the ice.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

If I had to rank 1-4 with best chances to win Championship:

Eagles- Like Flip said they can win it this year. I try not to think that way as I can't fathom it happening and me living through the celebration
    Phllies- 2A- They have a good young core, a good farm and owners ready to spend a lot of money. I see them as a possible playoff team in 2 years and Championship contender in 3
    Sixers 2b - You need stars to win in the NBA and they have 2 studs and hopefully a 3rd in Fultz. It's much harder to get good in the NBA, but they should make the playoffs this year and by next they could be knocking on the door. Health is everything with this team. If they stay healthy Embiid is an MVP candidate and Simmons is not far behind.
    Flyers - I hate the coach
    World Fucking Champions !!!!

The young star(s) will likely be #1) Wentz #2a) Trout #2b) Bryce Harper

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Wentz is special. Rhys Hoskins is star in making. Simmons is an elite talent. Provorov is world class. Fun time to be a Philly sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BluehenJK View Post
    Wentz is special. Rhys Hoskins is star in making. Simmons is an elite talent. Provorov is world class. Fun time to be a Philly sports fan.

It has only been a decade since any of the 4 sports teams have been Championship contenders. It is about time eh?