Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Phantoms Season Thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Phantoms Season Thread

Have to agree with Treemans sentiments from the previous game, Myers is legit, plays a good hard game and has a rifle of a shot.

Myers is ready. This playoff run was great for him. He has a full summer again too to train. With morins injury I see noway he doesnt make team.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyers0597 View Post
    Myers is ready. This playoff run was great for him. He has a full summer again too to train. With morins injury I see noway he doesnt make team.
    He's currently #7 on the depth chart so he is on the team unless they sign someone... which is always a possibility with them. He seems ready though agreed.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by Gump View Post
    Wow, Phantoms played about as inspired as the Flyers
    I didn't see one minute of the game, but they showed an Alex Lyon highlight this morning on SportsCenter where he laid out flat and kicked the puck away with the back of his skate. Anyway, I had to look again at who the DMan was bc it was hilariously bad effort in defending. Flat footed and flailing. It was Sanheim, surprisingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    He is a better option regardless, hoping he can come in to camp healthy.
    Totally agree.
    I feel Myers is a better fit on the team than Morin. Hopefully Morin is able to come back & show them he belongs too. But right now, Myers is ahead of him. Even if Morin wasn't injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Totally agree.
    I feel Myers is a better fit on the team than Morin. Hopefully Morin is able to come back & show them he belongs too. But right now, Myers is ahead of him. Even if Morin wasn't injured.
    Not sure I completely agree. Morin has his place and plays a better defensive game. At this point, given the players on the Flyers, Morin is much more needed than Myers..... that being said, Myers is a more talented (hands, skater, passer) player.
    Danny Briere:
    Iíve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Philip Samuelsson signed to AHL contract. Ulf's kid. Really good at AHL level stay at home D. Was a +44 last season with the checkers.

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/statu...50066026258432

Rookie
    Son of the dirtbag Ulf.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Philip Samuelsson signed to AHL contract. Ulf's kid. Really good at AHL level stay at home D. Was a +44 last season with the checkers.

https://twitter.com/LVPhantoms/statu...50066026258432

Anyone want me season opener tickets for tomorrow night, PM me
    Danny Briere:
    Iíve been extremely lucky, I am doing what I love to do, and playing in a series every hockey player dreams of. I wanted to share this moment, not only with my friends and family, but with a few kids that are in a need of a reason to smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeman View Post
    Anyone want me season opener tickets for tomorrow night, PM me
    Bumer you have to miss. They should have a real fun team this year. I think I’m gonna try and hit a few games.

Saw at this posted on Twitter:

Lehigh Valley alums tonight:
    Lindblom - Goal
    Haag - Goal, Assist
    Vorobyev - Assist (First Career Point)
    Sanheim - Assist
    Laughton - Goal

This is their roster:

Defensemen (9):
    2 James de Haas (they seem to like him a lot...could have a future)
    5 Philippe Myers (very good nhl potential)
    6 Philip Samuelsson
    7 Zach Palmquist
    8 David Drake
    20 Nick Luukko
    37 Mark Friedman (good young dman with upside...has an edge)
    43 T.J. Brennan
    44 Reece Willcox

Goalie (2):
    31 Carter Hart (potential very good nhl goalie)
    Lyon (good...still young could be NHL player)
    Stolarz (started out great and needs a real good year...it’s a numbers game and you can’t keep everyone...I think we’re gonna see a Madden type trade once Lyon returns)

Phantoms Opening Roster.
    Forwards (14):
    9 Cole Bardreau
    10 Greg Carey
    12 Tyrell Goulbourne
    13 Colin McDonald
    16 Nic Aube-Kubel (needs a very good year because a lot of guys coming in fast fighting for very few spots)
    17 German Rubtsov (needs a bounce back year...could be NHLer as I think they love his defense and want more offense...it’s the other way 98% of the time and he’s shown offensive flashes before so maybe he can get it back)
    19 Radel Fazleev
    21 Mike Vecchione (done...seems like a career ahler)
    22 Chris COnner
    23 Taylor Leier (I don’t know that he’s done yet...still young, fast...they just need more...he either needs to be more physical or stud PKer or scorer...right now he’s just there..has shown some flashes)
    24 Carsen Twarynski (the kid just blew onto the scene from nowhere and they seem to love him...I wouldn’t be shocked if he got a couple games later this year if he has a good year. Really liked what I saw from him...they could use an agitator on the 4th line...fast, hits, goes to the net hard, good size...
    25 Conner Bunnaman (we’ll see tough numbers game...good OHLer)
    26 Phil Varone
    38 David Kase (very curious about him....has good hands, played in SHL, believe he’s fast)
    Laberge (probably done...needs an amazing year to probably keep an AHL job in a year)

lots of great talent and a lot of future NHLers....truly have a farm of guys fighting for jobs...which has been a huge Hextall thing since he walked in the door...this year they’re finally there...they had one of the best teams in AHL last year.and I think they got a lot better

Then you look at the insane depth in college (Allison, Lacyznski, Farabee, O’Brien, Cates, Kalyn could all be players...have 4 or 5 others drafted this year... their junior depth (Frost, Ratcliffe, Wylie, Zamula) and in Europe (Hogberg...who’s very interesting and someone to keep an eye on...he’s worked his way up to the top pairing on the best team in the SHL and playing all situations and nearly 20 mins as a 20 year old...could have another 5th round Lindblom...Sandstrom...needs a good year if he wants to come over...Ginning...Ustimenko might be good

just look at the difference a 5th round Lindblom or 4th round Vorobyev make...they’ve got some potentially elite 1st and 2nd round picks in juniors and college that will soon be here and a bunch of guys developing in the AHL.

They could have a long run if they hit in Hart.. young potentially great defense, good top 9 with TONS more on the way