Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Phantoms Season Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantoms Season Thread

Seasoned Veteran

Phantoms Season Thread

PHANTOMS CRUSH HERSEY IN OPENER, 7-2

The Lehigh Valley Phantoms had a forgettable preseason in a pair of ugly home losses to the Charlotte Checkers but got the 2017-18 regular season off to good start. On Saturday night, the Phantoms shredded the arch-rival Hershey Bears, 7-2, at the PPL Center. The final three goals by the Phantoms came in the waning three minutes of the game.

Speedy little third-year winger Danick Martel compiled a hat trick for the Phantoms and also fought the much larger Tyler Lewington in his own defense. Lehigh Valley received additional multi-point games from defensemen Reece Willcox (empty net goal, two assists) and T.J. Brennan (three assists) as well as tallies from Nicolas Aube-Kubel (initially credited to Brennan), Phil Varone and Greg Carey. Alex Lyon earned the win in goal, stopping 29 of 31 shots.

Russian center Mikhail Vorobyov and defenseman Philippe Myers both made their AHL regular season debuts. Vorobyov assisted on the Carey goal that opened a 5-2 lead with 2:24 left in the game. Myers received the lone assist as Martel hustled up his third goal of the game to complete his hat trick in the final 1:29.

Highly touted rookie left winger Oskar Lindblom had a quiet night for the Phantoms, recording neither a point nor a shot on goal in the game. Rookie defenseman Mark Friedman had one shot on goal and an even plus-minus.
    Pussy Galore

Looks like we have another Jiri Dopita on our hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeafSittler View Post
    Let me tell you why I know more. It's not because I'm Canadian. It's because I played 3 years in the OHL and played for the Memorial Cup. It's because I played 2 years in the AHL and if not for a bum knee, I might have gotten my shot at the NHL.

Quote Originally Posted by revdon64 View Post
    I don't say stuff like this, but if I got a hold of you right now I'd probably bash your head into the stone floor until it burst like an overripe melon. In the future you're welcome to keep your fuck ed up opinions to yourself.

Read was on the 4th line

Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
    Looks like we have another Jiri Dopita on our hands.
    Maybe but I think you are reading a bit too much into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gump View Post
    Maybe but I think you are reading a bit too much into that.
    You mean one AHL game isn’t enough to decide our 2nd best forward prospect is a colossal bust?

Seasoned Veteran
    phantoms lost 1st game. Rick Martel killing it so far
    Pussy Galore

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Rick Martel huh...

Danick Martel, 4 goals in 2 games.

Matt Read, 1 SOG in 2 games.

Hopefullly Read keeps up that pace.

Why, paying that money for nothing? Where are all of the Read is a 20 goal scorer, he has great value folks?