Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimmo not at practice today?

doesn't know how to put clever anecdote under user name

Kimmo not at practice today?

My friend said she read Flyers on the Fly twitter today and that neither Kimmo and Jones practiced today and they HOPE that Kimmo will play tomorrow?

Anyone else hear/read anything about this?

www.twitter.com/flyersonthefly
    Last edited by Hextall4MVP; 04-16-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added url
    re⋅lent⋅less
    –adjective
    that does not relent; unyieldingly severe, strict, or harsh; unrelenting: a relentless enemy.

Double Down
    Not surprised. He was favoring that leg all game.

And Jones took a nice header into the goal in the first period. I'm sure his shoulder and/or neck is pretty sore.

You gotta be kidding.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextall4MVP View Post

My friend said she read Flyers on the Fly twitter today and that neither Kimmo and Jones practiced today and they HOPE that Kimmo will play tomorrow?

Anyone else hear/read anything about this?

www.twitter.com/flyersonthefly
    >> [Kunitz] went out and and hit everything in orange and black in the Penguins’ 4-1 win in Game 1. Kunitz ran into Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen on his first shift, giving him a charley horse in his left leg.

“I tried to move away and his knee came straight to my leg,” Timonen said. “He was trying to hit me every time. I knew he was coming. It happens.”

Kunitz said the Penguins want to keep hitting the Flyers – they recorded 30 hits against them in Game 1 – without going overboard and putting them on the power play. <<

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...-in-hot-water/

`

He was suspended for skating near Crosby. He'll be out the next 3 games.

All Star
    `
    >> Chris Kunitz, brought to Pittsburgh in a trade with Anaheim to add toughness to the Crosby line, went right after the Flyers' top defenseman, Kimmo Timonen, and addled him with a charley horse to his left leg on the first shift of the game.

Timonen had just made a pass out of the zone and saw Kunitz coming. He turned away, but not before getting a knee into his left thigh.

"I saw him coming," Timonen said. "Who wants to get hit? So I turned away and got his knee straight to my leg."

Timonen was clearly slowed by the pain but said he will be OK for Game 2.

"It could be better, but it should be good for [tomorrow]," Timonen said. "He tries to hit me every time, so I knew he was coming.
    It's no difference. It happens." <<

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...in_Game_1.html

`

Thread-Starting Whore
    they said on CSN that he is fine and will be a go tomorrow.

Lappy's Waving Riley Good Bye
    Quote Originally Posted by ZZeke View Post
    `
    >> Chris Kunitz, brought to Pittsburgh in a trade with Anaheim to add toughness to the Crosby line, went right after the Flyers' top defenseman, Kimmo Timonen, and addled him with a charley horse to his left leg on the first shift of the game.

Timonen had just made a pass out of the zone and saw Kunitz coming. He turned away, but not before getting a knee into his left thigh.

"I saw him coming," Timonen said. "Who wants to get hit? So I turned away and got his knee straight to my leg."

Timonen was clearly slowed by the pain but said he will be OK for Game 2.

"It could be better, but it should be good for [tomorrow]," Timonen said. "He tries to hit me every time, so I knew he was coming.
    It's no difference. It happens." <<

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spor...in_Game_1.html

`
    >>

Somebody better put a fucking charley horse on Crosby's head tomorrow night. I don't care how many games suspension it is, it will be worth it.

doesn't know how to put clever anecdote under user name
    Quote Originally Posted by flyersguru View Post
    they said on CSN that he is fine and will be a go tomorrow.
    thank the fucking lord. (sorry rev)
    re⋅lent⋅less
    –adjective
    that does not relent; unyieldingly severe, strict, or harsh; unrelenting: a relentless enemy.

Is it true that Jones is out for tomorrow's game?