Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Predators Sign Scott Hartnell ($1M/1 year)

I thought Homer drafted Gostibehere

Poile said Monday that the Predators plan to part ways with forward Scott Hartnell and defenseman Alexei Emelin, who will both be unrestricted free agents.
    Hartnell, 36, had 13 goals and 11 assists this season. The 16-year veteran will contemplate retirement.
    "I'll take some time away to think about it," Hartnell told the Tennessean. "These last couple months, just wondering if I still have it, if I could still skate. I thought I played pretty solid, but your heart's got to be there too with it, and that passion. I feel like it's there."

Very solid career if he retires

1249 games (517 with the Flyers) 327 goals 380 assists 707 points +66 1809 Pims 214 EV 4 Shorties. Pretty good career possession numbers for those that track that.

Not many players like him around the league anymore and very under appreciated by the likes of groups 2,3,4
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Always liked him. Awful trade. Glad he got a couple more cracks at a cup.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Very solid career if he retires

1249 games (517 with the Flyers) 327 goals 380 assists 707 points +66 1809 Pims 214 EV 4 Shorties. Pretty good career possession numbers for those that track that.

Not many players like him around the league anymore and very under appreciated by the likes of groups 2,3,4
    ya, he was a hell of a player and they could certainly use a guy like him...seems like a great guy off the ice as well. A guy that you love if he's on your team and hate if he's not....

For FLiP ...

In all honesty...why not try and bring him back? Wouldn't he be a good fit on the 4th line?

Oh fuck then I remembered who's in charge...no way he fits in with the current culture of the team. Besides Hartnell might still hold a grudge over us trading him.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    He became one of my all time favs when he mocked Hulk Hogan guy in the stands in Pittsburgh. One of my all time fav hockey moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    In all honesty...why not try and bring him back? Wouldn't he be a good fit on the 4th line?

Oh fuck then I remembered who's in charge...no way he fits in with the current culture of the team. Besides Hartnell might still hold a grudge over us trading him.
    Because he can't play anymore. Hence Nashville giving him 12:01 in the regular season, cherry picking his minutes, not bringing him back, and only suiting him for 4 playoff games.

And I was a Hartnell fan for the majority of his tenure; though he certainly had a penchant for asinine penalties that would make you want to throw things through your TV, he also often was fun to watch and had some good seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

A really good guy & had a excellent career.

Awful trade? For sure. But in all likelihood was the reason they were able to draft Provorov.