Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Morgan Frost, round 1, pick #27

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Bill Meltzer@billmeltzerFollowingFollowing
    @billmeltzer

More

Morgan Frost is at a 1.96 points-per-game pace over the last 10 weeks and north of 2.0 in last 17 GP (37 PTS). Even during Travis Konecny’s torrid second half with Sarnia Sting in 2015-16 (23 goals and 56 points in 31 games), the player averaged “only” 1.80 points per game.
    That's some crazy gaudy numbers there. Wow.

1 goal, 2 assists last night..scoring streak up to 19 games

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    +48 in 41 games.

This kid is really something special.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Rookie
    NHL.com had an article(Meltzer) on him a couple days ago:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/pros...rs/c-294860560

2 goals last night.

Bill Meltzer‏ @billmeltzer

Morgan Frost is beyond point of simply calling surge a "hot streak." His 2-point-per-game average stretches over last 29 games (23 G, 34 A, 58 PTS). Has points in 20 straight games (43 points in that span) , Much of it came w/ Katchouk & Timmins at WJC, pre Soo trade for Raddysh.

Dare I ask, could Frost end up being the better offensive player between him and Patrick? I know it's early but he is starting to remind me of Giroux. The are basically the same size and were drafted in the same position. The big difference is Giroux put up 106 points in his draft year. In his draft + 1 year he put up 112 points in 63 Games. Frost has 71 Points in 42 Games so far this season. In 63 Games that would be 107 Points. However, that doesn't take into account the torrid stretch he is on right now because that only uses a factor of 1.69 points per game for the remaining games which is his average to date. If you 1.8 PPG for the rest of the season, higher than the seasonal average but lower than his last 29 games, he'd have 109 Pts. Anyway, it is not inconceivable that he could equal Giroux's production in his draft +1 season. Giroux of course went on to play his Draft +2 season in the Q and then started his Draft +3 in the AHL before being called up mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Dare I ask, could Frost end up being the better offensive player between him and Patrick? I know it's early but he is starting to remind me of Giroux. The are basically the same size and were drafted in the same position. The big difference is Giroux put up 106 points in his draft year. In his draft + 1 year he put up 112 points in 63 Games. Frost has 71 Points in 42 Games so far this season. In 63 Games that would be 107 Points. However, that doesn't take into account the torrid stretch he is on right now because that only uses a factor of 1.69 points per game for the remaining games which is his average to date. If you 1.8 PPG for the rest of the season, higher than the seasonal average but lower than his last 29 games, he'd have 109 Pts. Anyway, it is not inconceivable that he could equal Giroux's production in his draft +1 season. Giroux of course went on to play his Draft +2 season in the Q and then started his Draft +3 in the AHL before being called up mid season.
    Good post...one big difference is the game today vs when G was coming up. Teams are much more willing to put smaller guys in the lineup at a young age (Konecny). G was better than Konecny at the same points but the game is more accepting of younger players with high skill.

If Frost can continue on his torrid pace there may be a good chance he makes the club nex year.

Seasoned Veteran
    Didn't G also come into a pretty deep top 12 as well?

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    I could be completely wrong, but I see Frost starting on the wing if he makes it next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.