Strict Standards: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in /home/psfadmin/public_html/forums/vb/route.php on line 428
Morgan Frost, round 1, pick #27
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Morgan Frost, round 1, pick #27

Morgan Frost, round 1, pick #27

Forever will be linked to Schenn. Seems like a bit of a reach based on his ranking but Hexy said it was unimous amongst the staff that everyone wanted this kid which he said is pretty rare. Time will tell and they've drafted well in the past and hopefully they're right with this pick.

Worth noting- drafted at center but scouting reports say he will be a winger at the NHL level.

He was a riser so probably better then most pre-draft rankings had him, but time will tell. More of a long term development path but that's fine with Patrick and Lindblom coming in now, IMO. They liked him and I do trust the Flyers with first round picks if nothing else. Weak draft and they got another LW so it's not like there were't trying to address their needs with this move/pick.

1st next year is huge too. Deeper draft.

Have to give to get but I'm OK with them throwing assets at the problem and being aggressive. While quibbling over the details maybe, it's what we all want I think. Hextall made some aggressive moves and they could work out in the long run. We will see.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Seemingly always the long run though.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    IDK about that. This pick clearly is but they are going to have a stable of rookies coming in this season that could help. What is it, about 5 by now? If not more. That's a lot. Help is not as far away as everyone seems to think here.

They don't move a guy like Schenn if they are thinking they are going to take a step back and miss the playoffs again IMO. I don't have a crystal ball and can't guarantee it of course, but I know they want to make money, while having a bright future too. Hextall isn't making the kind of short term moves as in the past, but I don't know that that necessarily prevents the team from being good, so long as the rookies are flowing in and producing.

They got another young coach that is supposed to be good with kids too so that's clearly the focus. At least it should be worth watching. More so than a stale team that was clearly not going to get over the hump, IMO. Maybe it shakes them up and they have a good season with the help of some young legs.

20 GOTO 10
    CupRs

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    They tried the short run year after year for how long?

According to some interviews...the Flyers have been following this kid all season. The analysts believe his numbers would have been better had he not been on team that was very deep in older talent. If he's a riser, next years stats will give us a better indication. Could be a value pick like Rubstov was the year before.

Quote Originally Posted by agentj View Post
    They tried the short run year after year for how long?
    Since the 80's at least? That's why I don't complain about them doing exactly what I had been calling for for years. Follow it through and it should be clear this season and next if the 5 year plan is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    According to some interviews...the Flyers have been following this kid all season. The analysts believe his numbers would have been better had he not been on team that was very deep in older talent. If he's a riser, next years stats will give us a better indication. Could be a value pick like Rubstov was the year before.
    Pretty much all you can hope for at the end of the 1st round in a shallow draft in other words. Kid is FAST, smart and skilled though. That is valuable in this league. Not big but they have a lot of that coming in already. Could compliment what they have in a few years as a burner on the wing to accept some stretch passes.