Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson

So what? Doughty is the defending Norris winner, He has 2 cups to his credit.

Also. I think Ryan Getzlaf would have something to say about who is playing the best hockey in the world right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    Remove the cups from the equation; who is playing the best hockey in the world right now? Erik Karlsson. Hands down.
    You can't "remove the Cups" from the equation. That's like saying remove 3 from 3 + 2 and it's still equal to 5.

So if the Pens come back and eliminate the Sens will Karlsson still be the best in the world right now?

Duncan Keith is better than Erik Karlsson? Are you kidding?
    The stupid is strong in this one. When Keith was winning that Conn Smythe in 2015 he probably kept thinking, "Man I wish I was better than Karlsson".

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
    The stupid is strong in this one. When Keith was winning that Conn Smythe in 2015 he probably kept thinking, "Man I wish I was better than Karlsson".
    Great! I guess you think Justin Williams is a better player right now than Filip Forsberg, too, because Justin Williams was on two Cup teams and won a Conn Smythe in 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Great! I guess you think Justin Williams is a better player right now than Filip Forsberg, too, because Justin Williams was on two Cup teams and won a Conn Smythe in 2014.
    You know I've never really waded into the whole pile on you threads ... but I'm starting to understand the reasoning now.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
    You know I've never really waded into the whole pile on you threads ... but I'm starting to understand the reasoning now.
    Good for you. Take the red pill on TLTP.
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

All Star
    Karlsson is unreal and I have heard lots of analysts recently throw out the possibility he is the best player in the world right now. That's so subjective to the point that I thin its stupid to talk in these teams, especially comparing forwards and D, but its hard not to acknowledge that Karlsson has become one of the most impactful players in the NHL. He anchors an otherwise average team and pretty much controls the game the entire time he is on the ice.

As for comparisons to Keith and Doughty, I think you have to be careful, because they play on VERY different teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    Karlsson is the best player in hockey right now. So yes, he is better than Doughty.
    This is the truth. Anyone that disagrees hasn't been following the Senators much. Will easily win the Norris and should be league MVP. Not a GM in the league would take Doughty over Karlsson. The guy has been playing with a fractured foot all playoffs and is still the best player on the ice by a long shot.

lol
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Quote Originally Posted by Rudz88 View Post
    This is the truth. Anyone that disagrees hasn't been following the Senators much. Will easily win the Norris and should be league MVP. Not a GM in the league would take Doughty over Karlsson. The guy has been playing with a fractured foot all playoffs and is still the best player on the ice by a long shot.
    I didn't know that. That he's playing so well with that injury is impressive.