Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik Karlsson

https://youtu.be/61xTu7QbNSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    You are familiar with the coach aren't you?
    In case anyone forgot.
    Wayne Simmonds is my spirit animal.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Oh. You think Karlsson is better than doughty?
    Karlsson-Doughty is a legitimate discussion whereas the "Mike Green with long hair" comment is incredibly uninformed. The numbers Karlsson is putting up with that cast around him are incredibly impressive. Did anyone even have them coming out of the 1st round against Boston?

Karlsson is the best player in hockey right now. So yes, he is better than Doughty.

Lmfao.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    Quote Originally Posted by COTA View Post
    "Karlsson is just a Mike Green with long hair and better work ethic. There isn't one NHL GM who would take Karlsson over Doughty....not one. Karlsson is a career minus player for a reason. he takes too many chances. Doughty & Keith re both better than Karlsson. I want winners not stat rats."

There's some awful posts in that thread but that one takes the cake.

http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...-1-Ghost-18%29
    Let's be fair here. Karlsson is very good but those two are better. I mean they have 5 cups between the two of them.

Mike Green even mentioned in that paragraph is ridiculous.

I would take Karlsson in hear beat, but until he wins the cup a couple times, he's not really at that level. This year may be the year. Who knows.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning

I would take Karlsson in hear beat, but until he wins the cup a couple times, he's not really at that level. This year may be the year. Who knows.
    Remove the cups from the equation; who is playing the best hockey in the world right now? Erik Karlsson. Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    Remove the cups from the equation; who is playing the best hockey in the world right now? Erik Karlsson. Hands down.
    There's only 4 people playing hockey today. That's a silly statement. He's not the best player in the world, and he's not the best defensman in the world. Playing today currently? Sure, that's fine, but that' the best out 24 D left in the tournament. Big whoop.
    Trigger Warning

There's only 4 people playing hockey today. That's a silly statement. He's not the best player in the world, and he's not the best defensman in the world. Playing today currently? Sure, that's fine, but that' the best out 24 D left in the tournament. Big whoop.
    cmon. he's up for possibly his 3rd Norris trophy and is a finalist almost every year. The guy is fantastic.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eztarget View Post
    Let's be fair here. Karlsson is very good but those two are better. I mean they have 5 cups between the two of them.

Mike Green even mentioned in that paragraph is ridiculous.
    Duncan Keith is better than Erik Karlsson? Are you kidding? I guess you think Seabrook is better too because he was lucky enough to play on better teams that won two Cups?

I think Karlsson is better than Doughty (2 missed playoffs flanking a 5 game first round exit the last 3 years if you want to judge players based wholly on overall team performance), but at least there's a discussion to be made. But to say Duncan Keith is better than Karlsson -- no friggin' way.
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.