Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 169

Thread: There has to be a trade this offseason.

  1. #21
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Isle Of Malta
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Waive/send Read down...easy. Why let a better/younger player that showed promise go to keep a stiff who's at the end of his career?
    yep, no need to buy read out. just rid ehis last year out. best case is trade, eat half salary, get a 4th rd pick.

    waive him still save 1mm on the cap and roster spot.
    Pussy Galore

  2. #22
    Moon Blard FLiP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manayunk
    Posts
    43,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    that's the old NHL...most teams have guys on all lines that can score.

    Is that really true though? Do all of the teams really have guys on the 4th line that out produce what the Flyers have on the 4th line?

    I really think the bigger issue is other teams have guys on the first second and third lines that out produce what the Flyers have.

    Your defacto second line center (Minutes Played) has failed to crack 40 points and 20 goals every single year of his career. The Flyers have 4 Forwards that produce at a top 6 caliber rate. there is a 20 point drop off from Simmonds (54 points) to Couturier. That's not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

    This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

  3. #23
    Like I said, I see no point in playing Weal with Bellemare and whoever else on the 4th line. Read isn't the issue. It's the players taking up spots in the Top 9. Like I said, trading Filppula and putting Weal in that slot makes a lot more sense to me. But if he is just going to be a 4th liner / extra forward, I don't see the point.

    Also, he needs to be resigned on a short contract for low dollars. I'm not overpaying for a decent 20 game stretch.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Like I said, I see no point in playing Weal with Bellemare and whoever else on the 4th line. Read isn't the issue. It's the players taking up spots in the Top 9. Like I said, trading Filppula and putting Weal in that slot makes a lot more sense to me. But if he is just going to be a 4th liner / extra forward, I don't see the point.

    Also, he needs to be resigned on a short contract for low dollars. I'm not overpaying for a decent 20 game stretch.
    again, to me you want to most talent on your roster at all spots and you don't keep a guy / play a guy just because he's signed if you have a younger, better, cheaper player behind him. You only do that if you want to tank. sure, only sign him if it makes sense...we don't need another Weise/Raffl situation.

  5. #25
    They certainly lack high end scoring talent.

    Depth is getting better and this offseason can really add to it if Hextall plays his cards right. I'm with you on using Jake as bait to get someone like Landeskog to get the core of the team younger.

    That said Banger isn't wrong in saying teams are going more towards talent on the bottom six lines vs grit or specialty players.

    If the Flyers wind up with the 4th line of Weal-Bellmare-Raffl you are closer to the new NHL mold. Yes Bellmare is a true 4th line player, but all of those guys have some degree of skill and Raffl and Weal can score.

    The Senators 4C is tied for 2nd in playoff goals. The Penguins 4th line is Sheary-Bonino-Hornqvist. That's better than the 3rd line the Flyers rolled out last season.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Is that really true though? Do all of the teams really have guys on the 4th line that out produce what the Flyers have on the 4th line?

    I really think the bigger issue is other teams have guys on the first second and third lines that out produce what the Flyers have.

    Your defacto second line center (Minutes Played) has failed to crack 40 points and 20 goals every single year of his career. The Flyers have 4 Forwards that produce at a top 6 caliber rate. there is a 20 point drop off from Simmonds (54 points) to Couturier. That's not good.
    at the end of the day a goal is a goal..whether you can pop it in on the 4th line or the 1st line they all count the same. The flyers 4th line was putrid and I'd have to imagine they were near the bottom in the league.

  7. #27
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Isle Of Malta
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    They certainly lack high end scoring talent.

    Depth is getting better and this offseason can really add to it if Hextall plays his cards right. I'm with you on using Jake as bait to get someone like Landeskog to get the core of the team younger.

    That said Banger isn't wrong in saying teams are going more towards talent on the bottom six lines vs grit or specialty players.

    If the Flyers wind up with the 4th line of Weal-Bellmare-Raffl you are closer to the new NHL mold. Yes Bellmare is a true 4th line player, but all of those guys have some degree of skill and Raffl and Weal can score.

    The Senators 4C is tied for 2nd in playoff goals. The Penguins 4th line is Sheary-Bonino-Hornqvist. That's better than the 3rd line the Flyers rolled out last season.
    I fucking said that. get your shit together.
    Pussy Galore

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    I fucking said that. get your shit together.
    You both said it you twat. And I was responding to Flips comment where he quoted Banger saying it.

  9. #29
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Isle Of Malta
    Posts
    5,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    You both said it you twat. And I was responding to Flips comment where he quoted Banger saying it.
    stfu
    Pussy Galore

  10. #30
    Moon Blard FLiP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Manayunk
    Posts
    43,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    at the end of the day a goal is a goal..whether you can pop it in on the 4th line or the 1st line they all count the same. The flyers 4th line was putrid and I'd have to imagine they were near the bottom in the league.
    I would love to see research on that claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

    This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •