Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: There has to be a trade this offseason.

Who didn't play better than the players mentioned? Is Weal going to play on a checking line? Or the 4th line? He's one of those players that needs to play on a scoring line or he is a waste. I just don't see that opportunity here in the future unless players that we should be counting on fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    because he wont break the bank and her showed some promise. as someone said he played better than half the roster when he was called up.

been beat to death. 2 of raffle, read, weise, bellemare need to go. I dont think Ronald sees it that way though.

I am in the minority I am sure but I give laughton another shot no doubt about it. Went down and played well for the phantoms. Maybe slot him as your 4th line center. I def protect him over the 4 mentioned above
    I don't have a problem with giving Laughton a shot at all...I don't think he'll take a spot from someone but if he does, good for him.

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Who didn't play better than the players mentioned? Is Weal going to play on a checking line? Or the 4th line? He's one of those players that needs to play on a scoring line or he is a waste. I just don't see that opportunity here in the future unless players that we should be counting on fail.
    well many teams are now trying to have 4 lines that can score. The old 2 scoring, 1 checking, 1 goon is gone.

so in that scenario he can find a spot. What you gonna get by trading him? 5th rd pick? No thanks rather hold on to see how he does.
    Pussy Galore

The only way it makes sense to me for you to resign Weal is if you flip Filppula.

that's the old NHL...most teams have guys on all lines that can score.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    well many teams are now trying to have 4 lines that can score. The old 2 scoring, 1 checking, 1 goon is gone.

so in that scenario he can find a spot. What you gonna get by trading him? 5th rd pick? No thanks rather hold on to see how he does.
    I love the idea of 4 lines that can score but is that going to happen with the 4th Liners we have the Weal will be playing with?

Seasoned Veteran
    I love the idea of 4 lines that can score but is that going to happen with the 4th Liners we have the Weal will be playing with?
    no need to get rid of weal at this point.
    Pussy Galore

The only way it makes sense to me for you to resign Weal is if you flip Filppula.
    Waive/send Read down...easy. Why let a better/younger player that showed promise go to keep a stiff who's at the end of his career?

I don't know...Weal/Cousins/PEB-Weise-Raffl...

I like that prospect better than VDV/PEB/Luby

Weal had 12 points in 23 games and added much needed scoring and skill to a pretty vanilla team. There is no reason not to sign him and bump someone else off the roster.

Let's let him walk or trade him though so Raffl/Read/Weise/Cousins can get their all important minutes.