Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ottawa vs. Pittsburgh

I thought the Sens caught the Pens off guard coming at them in the first period and scored 4 goals. Did the Sens even trap in the first period?

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    I still read the board, don't care if Send or Pens win but wou ldnt catch me watching a second of this matchup, especially a Sat night.

Edit: I actually do hope the Sens win because it will be terrible for the league. But watching them, no way.
    zeus,

It is possible that you have somehow conjured up a jinx for the pengys.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bryboy7 View Post
    Yeah I agree, Claude Lemeuix and Bobby Holik were two of the league's dirtiest players and they never got "theirs", IMO. Clarke was dirty as fuck, too, but at least he played in an era without the instigator, and a least would drop the gloves once in a while.
    Claude Lemieux kinda did. Darren McCarty beat his ass pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    Some of the dirtiest players in the league played with those guys and never "got theirs".

Crosby would have been more protected then than he is now. Because back then instead of the refs and the league protecting him he'd have actual tough guys and enforcers out there making sure people don't try to put his head through the boards.

I can't imagine what you guys would say about Clarke if you weren't Flyers fans.
    Clarke was one of the dirtiest players ever. All he had to say was "get him Dave." LOL

Still my all time favorite player.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    I can't imagine what you guys would say about Clarke if you weren't Flyers fans.
    - Clarke is a hero in Canada even though he slashed the hell out of the Russian's ankle. We know exactly what Clarke was, I don't recall him taking his stick to the groin.
    He was an expert at ankle hacking
    he also didn't whine to the league that others weren't playing fair.
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

Doc Emrick was suppose to call this series. Does anyone know why he isn't calling the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Doc Emrick was suppose to call this series. Does anyone know why he isn't calling the series?

I think they said he has an UBI...perhaps the flu? He is now 70 years old I think and hopefully can call games for many years. Best announcer I've ever heard....I started watching the flyers when Lindros came on board and by then Gene Hart was being phased out.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangecrush View Post
    I think they said he has an UBI...perhaps the flu? He is now 70 years old I think and hopefully can call games for many years. Best announcer I've ever heard....I started watching the flyers when Lindros came on board and by then Gene Hart was being phased out.
    Agree with you on Doc.
    Him & Gene Hart are the best I've heard.
    And Doc is back tonight doing the game.

Great hit by Ryan. Pierre called it an elbow which is a f'ing joke.

Guentzel is a nice 3rd round find by the Penguins. Hopefully Lindblom will be similar for the Flyers.