Thread: I will bet you a million dollars......

I will bet you a million dollars......

and i am not kidding, that there are posters on this board who know more about hockey than this man. he "listens and wants to win a cup". that's about all i got out of the article.....and we wonder why we aren't a good team....ugh. well at least we know who the man behind the curtain is now......

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Philadelphia_Flyers_Dave_Scott_mentored_by_Ed_Snid er.html
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Administrator / Number One Super Guy jsp92's Avatar
    Sounds like he wants to let Hextall do his own thing. We shall see if that is good or bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by F'_U_Joboo View Post
    Think about this Foo, as you celebrate your (in your mind) pyhrric victory in your head tonight. INF dies in his sleep tonight, people are without jobs, can't feed their families. Others are without an option for warm clothing.

You die, someone is without 80,000 in overhead

Seasoned Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    and i am not kidding, that there are posters on this board who know more about hockey than this man. he "listens and wants to win a cup". that's about all i got out of the article.....and we wonder why we aren't a good team....ugh. well at least we know who the man behind the curtain is now......

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Philadelphia_Flyers_Dave_Scott_mentored_by_Ed_Snid er.html
    done. show me proof you have this million first!!!
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    done. show me proof you have this million first!!!
    lol i might come up a little short there :)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post

I can't get this URL to load, but the blurb says that they think the Flyers could be more profitable.
    http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...le-with-flyers-

It's not about winning a Cup, it's about return on investment.

Page finally loaded.

Comcast executives are basically taking over Ed Snider's role with Flyers

Following the passing of Ed Snider, Comcast big wigs will have a bit more of a role in the Flyers' hockey operations department than they once did.

As it turns out, hockey operations will still mostly be the sole responsibility of Holmgren and Ron Hextall. They have a budget from Comcast-Spectacor, and as long as they stay inside that budget they'll be free to do whatever they please.
    But outside of that budget, should those circumstances arise, things will go directly to the top: Comcast-Spectacor president Dave Scott will call the shots should something need further approval. Those inquiries previously went to Mr. Snider, although Scott was hand-selected by Snider to run Comcast-Spectacor back in 2014. Brian Roberts, the chief executive officer of Comcast Corporation -- yes, the guy who is in charge of all the cable and stuff -- has a role in all of this too.

"I think it’ll be handled the same way," Holmgren said. 'We have a budget that we agreed on with Mr. Snider or Brian Roberts, whoever. I mean, obviously we dealt with Mr. Snider in the past but I’m sure Brian was aware of what was going on. Dave Scott, who’s been part of the organization for the past two years, he’s been involved a lot this year in what we’re doing. So where we talk about budgets, we have our budget that we move forward with and [Hextall] knows the parameters. If there’s something that maybe doesn’t fit in what we have budgeted for, then we’ll probably have another meeting."
    Last edited by bmp1; 05-11-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

I'm not alarmed. Seems like he's passionate, & able to be hands-off. Didn't get any inkling that he's going to be tight fisted with the cash either.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    This guy seems like he is involved now & time will tell how hands on that he will be. He was real detailed about the Streit deal and the Weal situation. And described the Filpulla deal as a bridge. Either he will make changes after this honeymoon period and be real hands on going forward or he becomes boys with Hextall and becomes Jeff Lurie. God knows if either will win anything.

They definitely could be more profitable, by letting the young players develop, avoiding high risk/high dollar free agents, and build a team that contends every year through the draft and smart trades.
    Wayne Simmonds is my spirit animal.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MidgePigeBo578 View Post
    They definitely could be more profitable, by letting the young players develop, avoiding high risk/high dollar free agents, and build a team that contends every year through the draft and smart trades.
    True, but that could lead to loses and the perception they were being cheap and drive away fans.

By over spending a bit on journeymen players they can pretend to be competitive which will fool fans into spending money

Profit
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.