Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: According to Isaac - Flyers courting Dean Lombardi - not Fraudien Friendly

According to Isaac - Flyers courting Dean Lombardi - not Fraudien Friendly

According to beat reporter Dave Isaac, the Flyers have reached out to Lombardi about re-joining the team, but they’re still waiting to hear back from him.

- hopefully the coach follows.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Saw this the other day. I guess he'd be an adviser of some sort? I'd rather them court Sutter.

Really don't want him back here again.

Why?
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

don't really care...they were a good enough team to win 2 cups in LA...if they can recreate the magic I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Why?
    There was time when I thought he would be the next GM & he was highly thought of. At this point, what value would Lombardi bring to this team?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    There was time when I thought he would be the next GM & he was highly thought of. At this point, what value would Lombardi bring to this team?

He won 2 cups. He was the architect of that team. Regardless of what the snot nosed stepfords will have you belive about Hextall. He knows how to build a winner, and he knows when and how to make that key trade of youth (Simmonds and Schenn for Richards) and later bringing Carter to put a team full of promising players over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    He won 2 cups. He was the architect of that team. Regardless of what the snot nosed stepfords will have you belive about Hextall. He knows how to build a winner, and he knows when and how to make that key trade of youth (Simmonds and Schenn for Richards) and later bringing Carter to put a team full of promising players over the top.
    Well, we'll see what happens. I don't hate the guy. Just have mixed emotions about him. If I was a betting man, I will bet they bring him back into the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Well, we'll see what happens. I don't hate the guy. Just have mixed emotions about him. If I was a betting man, I will bet they bring him back into the fold.
    they just need to keep Lombardi away from working on extensions for guys over 30 like he did on the Kings....they're gonna be in some cap hell from some of those...

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    they just need to keep Lombardi away from working on extensions for guys over 30 like he did on the Kings....they're gonna be in some cap hell from some of those...
    Agree Banger.
    And Hextall has already given out some questionable contracts of his own.