Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars trade for Bishop...he will likely sign there

Rookie
    I saw someone on Twitter yesterday float out the idea of Ryan Miller as a solid stopgap option. He had a nice season on a bottom 5 team and at 37 years old, he won't be commanding top dollar or term.

Quote Originally Posted by COTA View Post
    I saw someone on Twitter yesterday float out the idea of Ryan Miller as a solid stopgap option. He had a nice season on a bottom 5 team and at 37 years old, he won't be commanding top dollar or term.
    that wouldn't be the worst...Mason had a 2.66/.908 and Miller had a 2.8/.914. Guys are at different spots in their career Mason will be looking long term, Miller will be looking for a short term starting spot.

There are alot of FA goalies out there this year. It's a shame the Flyers still haven't figured it out.

Good thing the picked Bryzgalov over Bobrovsky.

All Star
    would you take neuvy if you were Vegas? better options are available.
    Pussy Galore

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Last time Miller was a free agent a few years ago he only wanted to play out west for family reasons. His wife was an actress or model in California. Don't know if they're still married and if that's the case again.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Last time Miller was a free agent a few years ago he only wanted to play out west for family reasons. His wife was an actress or model in California. Don't know if they're still married and if that's the case again.
    that's all well and good but at this point if he wants to continue to play in the league he has to go where the jobs are. he has no leverage.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    that's all well and good but at this point if he wants to continue to play in the league he has to go where the jobs are. he has no leverage.
    It still could be a factor. If Miller is willing to be a backup to stay in the Western Conference, he'll probably find a taker. Anaheim jumps to mind with Bernier leaving, and that's probably where Miller would love to play. Hell, even the Kings behind Quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    There are alot of FA goalies out there this year. It's a shame the Flyers still haven't figured it out.

Good thing the picked Bryzgalov over Bobrovsky.
    Not like Bob has lit the world on fire in the playoffs. Bryzgalov at least helped in winning a cup.

Personally, I think Stolarz won't come to fruition here. I don't think the club sees him as a #1 in the near future. Watching him play, he makes himself look small for a 6'7 goalie. He tends to slump over in his butterfly and doesn't seal off all holes. It's fixable but he's clearly not ready. Reminds me of Mike Smith...can be a solid goalie but won't carry a franchise.

With all that being said, I think Bernier is a really good option for the short-term. Obviously Dillabaugh and Hextall are very familiar, and will be cheap until Carter Hart/Felix Sandstrom is ready. He's a guy who can excel with a 1 and 1A situation.

Bishop is overrated, plus he's missed a lot of games with nagging hip/knee issues. I thought Mason would end up in Dallas with Hitchcock again, but I think WPG/CGY will overpay for him. He's clearly the top goalie on the market.

The Flyers should stay away from Ryan Miller. Last thing this team needs is a 37-year old goaltender.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConspiraCeeZ View Post
    I just tell it like it is. If my words come across as bitching and complaining to you, stop being a faggot and accept a differing opinion. Dickhead.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    would you take neuvy if you were Vegas? better options are available.
    Which is why signing him for 2 years is mind altering idiotic.

Out of the UFA group I like Bernier, Kinkaid and Nillson from Buffalo. After then you have Condon, Miller and Elliot. Some are stop gaps others could stick around.

Regardless Nuevirth will ultimately get hurt and the team needs more than Lyon and Stolarz behind him.