Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Flyers Roster: 05/09/2017 - The "really" version.

http://www.tsn.ca/off-season-game-pl...ights-1.749346

There will be some pretty good players available because the expansion draft and likely for cheap since the team's other option is losing them for nothing. However I doubt Hextall will do anything but watch other teams benefit from this situation.

West of the Jordan, east of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post

There will be some pretty good players available because the expansion draft and likely for cheap since the team's other option is losing them for nothing. However I doubt Hextall will do anything but watch other teams benefit from this situation.
    Agreed. I think Hextall is still pissed about being traded as part of the Lindros deal, and that's why he was so bad when he came back as goalie. Wanted to fuck the Flyers for trading him. And now that he's the GM, he's going to run them into the ground as payback, too.
    "He is not a top 6 but a decent enough D-man to be a 3rd pairing." - Dave Schultz #8

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content." - Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    Also, I like the Filppula add. It was a move Streit deal for sure, but it was also a nice "wake the fuck up Sean".
    My favourite thing about adding Filppula at the time was that it tied up that $5 million this July from being blown on grinders or a UFA "2nd line center" for another season. Probably a moot point now with Nolan/Hischier.

Bumping Couturier down into move favourable matchups was a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post

"if the Flyers choose to protect defenceman Andrew MacDonald." Holy fuck I'd hope they don't protect him. Wonder if that means people outside of the Flyers fan base actually see value in aMac? Would suck to lose Cousins, he plays his role well and is young/cheap on a team with little forward depth.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    My favourite thing about adding Filppula at the time was that it tied up that $5 million this July from being blown on grinders or a UFA "2nd line center" for another season. Probably a moot point now with Nolan/Hischier.

Bumping Couturier down into move favourable matchups was a close second.
    Seriously. It just kept them from doing something stupid.

I think they are going to be better with the infusion of youth next year. How much I'm not sure but I think it will help significantly.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Pointless
    Umberger Part 2
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Seriously. It just kept them from doing something stupid.

I think they are going to be better with the infusion of youth next year. How much I'm not sure but I think it will help significantly.
    We'll see. GMs sometimes can't help themselves from dabbling in the free agent market, and in his post-season presser Hextall left the door open to signing a free agent forward. I'm hopeful he'll stay away (aside from a goalie), but not 100% convinced.

I agree they will be better next year. How much better will depend on things such as 1) goaltending; 2) if Giroux and Voracek rebound or flatline/decline; 3) how quickly the rookies adapt.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Seasoned Veteran
    If Ronald plans on going into next year with a young defense do you really see him having Neuivrth as his top goalie? He isn't a true #1, always hurt and inconsistent.

So that makes me wonder will he go get a for lack of a better word top end goalie to help his young defense out or will he not have as young a Defense as we think or want?

with the defense and goaltenders already in the system there is no way this team makes the playoffs again next year.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    If Ronald plans on going into next year with a young defense do you really see him having Neuivrth as his top goalie? He isn't a true #1, always hurt and inconsistent.

So that makes me wonder will he go get a for lack of a better word top end goalie to help his young defense out or will he not have as young a Defense as we think or want?

with the defense and goaltenders already in the system there is no way this team makes the playoffs again next year.
    they'll definitely sign someone...maybe Ryan Miller.

If Nuevirth gets selected they will sign Mason and put a clear vet backup behind him.