Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flyers Roster: 05/09/2017 - The "really" version.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    So I assume:

Mason, Del-Zotto, Shultz and VV are gone. Maybe Weal but he finally looked like an NHLer last year.

I have no idea what to expect out of Vecchione but you have to assume he can replace a terrible Matt Read (hoping he gets taken in the expansion draft)

You are totally stuck with Weise and Raffl unfortunately.

All that said, I don't see them being any more competitive next year than they were in the previous two.

The only thing you can hope for is Hextall backs off his patience a bit and starts playing the kids or grows a set and trades for the future stars of the team.
    I think you can move raffle but I don't think Ronald wants to.

also think eating half reads salary can get you a 7th rd pick lol or "futures". Again I am not sure he wants to move said player.
    Pussy Galore

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    There is no rationale behind the MacDonald deal. The only people who seemed to like it were Holmgren and the Macdonald family. Horrific signing and that rising 'real' cap dollars is just as well a NTC because its not appealing to anyone.
    and the assistant GM.

wonder if you can move him to dallas for one of their goalies? maybe letonen
    Pussy Galore

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood2001 View Post
    i actually think wiese has a comeback season. truth be told, and this is damning with faint praise, i understand, he ws one of our better players the last 6-8 games....
    comeback in his 20+ points or so as that's all he really has ever been. if he doesn't then damn.
    Pussy Galore

I'd trade the 2nd in this draft to Vegas if they would agree to select MacDonald in the expansion draft.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    I'd trade the 2nd in this draft to Vegas if they would agree to select MacDonald in the expansion draft.
    no way, not worth it imo.

If you eat money and include a mid level prospect or pick maybe just maybe you can move him. flyers are not contending so need to panic moving him just yet,
    Pussy Galore

I dont think it really matters at this point anymore. Who is he really blocking?

Provorov Here
    Gostisbehere Here
    MacDonald Here

3 Rosters spots for Morin, Sanheim, Hagg, Myers, Manning

Let's face it. Myers is going to start in the AHL no matter what. That's part of the process. There's nothing blocking any of the other seasoned prospects from coming up and making in camp. None of them are highly paid, with the exception of maybe Gostisbehere. The MacDonald narrative needs to be laid to rest for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I dont think it really matters at this point anymore. Who is he really blocking?

Provorov Here
    Gostisbehere Here
    MacDonald Here

3 Rosters spots for Morin, Sanheim, Hagg, Myers, Manning

Let's face it. Myers is going to start in the AHL no matter what. That's part of the process. There's nothing blocking any of the other seasoned prospects from coming up and making in camp. None of them are highly paid, with the exception of maybe Gostisbehere. The MacDonald narrative needs to be laid to rest for now.
    You forgot Gudas. But really, to me, it would also give us an opportunity to sign someone like Alzner who could help out on our zone and mentor Morin. That opportunity doesn't exist with MacDonald still on the Roster. If you can pull that off it is essentially a 2nd and MacDonald for Alzner. That sounds like a good deal to me.

All Star
    You forgot Gudas. But really, to me, it would also give us an opportunity to sign someone like Alzner who could help out on our zone and mentor Morin. That opportunity doesn't exist with MacDonald still on the Roster.
    no way to alzner. he will want and likely get a long term deal. If you get him for 2/3 years maybe. That is unlikely.

you don't need alzners types considering where the flyers are in terms of contending.
    Pussy Galore

You forgot Gudas. But really, to me, it would also give us an opportunity to sign someone like Alzner who could help out on our zone and mentor Morin. That opportunity doesn't exist with MacDonald still on the Roster.
    I have zero interest in bringing any new contract for a mediocre blue liner. You are just replacing one whipping boy for another whipping boy. Alzner will probably be getting somewhere in the neighborhood of a 4 year 18 million dollar deal. I don't think Morin needs a mentor either. MacDonald has played successfully with Gostisbehere last season and Provorov this season. Maybe he can be that guy for Morin, or Sanheim, or Hagg. Depending on who makes the 2 roster spots
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Yeah, I'm ready to ride out the D as is. Bring the kids up as they are ready, move the ones you don't need and add some top 6 scoring.