Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alexander Ovechkin

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    You're aware that wilson is like a 20 point scorer right? Are you saying he is more valuable than Voracek? lol
    I was saying he is an enforcer who contributes on the score sheet as well. He's not limited to just a few minutes and he's not as expensive as Jake
    So it's not going to help the Craps salary cap problem to take on Vorachek's contract while only giving up Wilson.
    At this point I think it would be a great deal for the Flyers to land a guy like Tom Wilson. I just don't see how it helps Washington fill out their roster
    They need younger [read cheaper] talent because they can't keep the UFA and RFA they have.
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    He's not the reason they are losing but he's been far from a standout player. He's become very predictable. Holtby has not been good, which is surprising because he had been rock solid for them. It doesn't really help when you own team is scoring on you either.

On the other end of the ice Fluery has been surprisingly good.
    AS a hockey player, I'd hate playing with Ovechkin. He's supposedly the team's best player - I don;t see any extra playoff gear from him - he routinely loses races to the puck and gets out-battled by smaller guys.

I don't see him as anything more than an average NHL'er who still has an amazing shot. Pretty sad for a guy who was once 1B with Crosby for best player in the league.

Holtby has been mediocre, but a big part of the Caps perennial failings has to be owned by its "leader".
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    I was saying he is an enforcer who contributes on the score sheet as well. He's not limited to just a few minutes and he's not as expensive as Jake
    So it's not going to help the Craps salary cap problem to take on Vorachek's contract while only giving up Wilson.
    At this point I think it would be a great deal for the Flyers to land a guy like Tom Wilson. I just don't see how it helps Washington fill out their roster
    They need younger [read cheaper] talent because they can't keep the UFA and RFA they have.

Re-sign oshie at 6.5 million for 6 years. Or Voracek who is a few years younger for 2 million more. No brainer
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Hockey Threads! It's a Miracle!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCNow View Post
    AS a hockey player, I'd hate playing with Ovechkin. He's supposedly the team's best player - I don;t see any extra playoff gear from him - he routinely loses races to the puck and gets out-battled by smaller guys. I don't see him as anything more than an average NHL'er who still has an amazing shot. Pretty sad for a guy who was once 1B with Crosby for best player in the league. Holtby has been mediocre, but a big part of the Caps perennial failings has to be owned by its "leader".
    I agree with this. AO has always been a regular season points machine but he just doesn't ever seem to excel when the brighter lights are on. He's never been great in the NHL playoffs or the international stage. His lack of playing defense and inability to raise his level of play when everyone else does will haunt him until he proves us wrong.

Pavel Bure was the same thing. Great player, that put up a ton of points, was exciting to watch but had no idea how to play behind his own red line.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Moving, Kovalev....noting a trend yet?

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    AS a hockey player, I'd hate playing with Ovechkin. He's supposedly the team's best player - I don;t see any extra playoff gear from him - he routinely loses races to the puck and gets out-battled by smaller guys.

I don't see him as anything more than an average NHL'er who still has an amazing shot. Pretty sad for a guy who was once 1B with Crosby for best player in the league. Holtby has been mediocre, but a big part of the Caps perennial failings has to be owned by its "leader".
    Your post couldn't be a more flawed pile of shit. 89 points in 94 playoff games. AO's job isn't to carry the team on his back. They are more stacked with talent, more so than at any point in AO's time with the team. He's also 31 years old now. The year they didn't have shit on the roster he dropped 21 points in 14 playoff games.

But please, you retards keep advancing this hilarious and erroneous 'AO is a playoff dog' rhetoric.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Unfortunately for the Caps, they constructed their best team around Ovechkin when Ovechkin was on the decline.

Ovechkin has 3 even strength points in 10 playoff games. Anytime someone brings up even strength points many on this board love to mockingly say, "oh, so power play points don't count!" But the point isn't that PP points don't count, it's that come playoff time it's extra important to be able to produce at even strength.

Regardless of all that, the Caps biggest problem in the series is probably that Holtby has been off.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    Your post couldn't be a more flawed pile of shit. 89 points in 94 playoff games. AO's job isn't to carry the team on his back. They are more stacked with talent, more so than at any point in AO's time with the team. He's also 31 years old now. The year they didn't have shit on the roster he dropped 21 points in 14 playoff games.

But please, you retards keep advancing this hilarious and erroneous 'AO is a playoff dog' rhetoric.
    AO is a shooting machine and when the team all goes out of their way to look for him all the time ... he will get his points.

I know ur an AO fan ... and in all honesty do you see him busting his hump out there to win foot races, or to win puck battles the way Crosby does or even the way he did when he first broke into the league? That's not "his job", except what I said was, as a hockey player, I would hate to play on a team where our "top dog" isn't also one of the hardest playing guys on the team .... it undermines work ethic for the team as a whole ... and its just the opposite of what happens on Pitt where Crosby is both the best player and the hardest worker ... and it creates a team of Kuhnhackls and Shearys and Rusts etc that simply raise their effort level and go all out during the playoffs.

Was isn't a worse team than Pitt - they are losing because they aren't consistently playing with the same level of intensity and don't seem a ble to raise it into hyper-gear when they need a goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Ovechkin had a great series against TO, isn't playing great against Pittsburgh. As said earlier, Holtby has been destroying this team. Even when they won a game, Holtby almost lost it. Shattenkirk has been horse shit too, they'd have been better off with Nate Schmidt playing over shattenkirk.
    Wayne Simmonds is my spirit animal.

AO is a shooting machine and when the team all goes out of their way to look for him all the time ... he will get his points.

I know ur an AO fan ... and in all honesty do you see him busting his hump out there to win foot races, or to win puck battles the way Crosby does or even the way he did when he first broke into the league? That's not "his job", except what I said was, as a hockey player, I would hate to play on a team where our "top dog" isn't also one of the hardest playing guys on the team .... it undermines work ethic for the team as a whole ... and its just the opposite of what happens on Pitt where Crosby is both the best player and the hardest worker ... and it creates a team of Kuhnhackls and Shearys and Rusts etc that simply raise their effort level and go all out during the playoffs.

Was isn't a worse team than Pitt - they are losing because they aren't consistently playing with the same level of intensity and don't seem a ble to raise it into hyper-gear when they need a goal.
    Washington is losing because Pittsburgh is younger, faster, deeper and more talented. Also, Fluery is playing way better than Holtby.

Crosby, Malkin, Kessel are better than Ovechkin, Backstrom, Oshie all day every day. Hell Ovechkin isn't as good as Malkin let alone Crosby.

That said he's still a hell of a player. I don't think he doesn't work hard, as I stated above, I think he has become predictable.