Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Oilers vs Ducks

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianphillyfan View Post
    Don't worry about that, I find plenty of Canadian hockey fans plain fucking idiots. If you try to have a logical hockey discussion with them, they just blurt out "Flyers suck, go Leafs".

I live around an hour from Sidney Crosby's stomping grounds, so you can imagine the daily suffering I endure. One thing I cannot get through the heads of these mouth breathing fuckwads is that I completely respect the skills of Crosby. Hell, if most of the Flyers had 1/2 of his drive and desire, I'd be happy. The fucking guy can flat out play. When I make my pure hatred of him known, people always say "What? How can you say Crosby sucks?".

Holy fuck, now I'm wound up ha ha.
    Next time someone questions you as to why you don't like Crosby, tell them you'll show them why you don't like him and then spear the dude in the nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Show Me the Money!!!! KCPhilaflyer's Avatar
    I just call weekday nights school nights. Although in ORD now waiting for flight to MIA

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourtenderloins View Post
    The Larsson trade was excellent for them as well.
    Couldn't agree more. Perfect example of a 'hockey trade'. Benefits both sides and is done for a variety of reasons. The exact type of trade Hextall doesn't have the stones to pull off. He keeps spouting that company line - "I won't trade youth for rentals!". Well no shit Hexy. You do realize there are other type of trades to be made right?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Perfect example of a 'hockey trade'. Benefits both sides and is done for a variety of reasons. The exact type of trade Hextall doesn't have the stones to pull off. He keeps spouting that company line - "I won't trade youth for rentals!". Well no shit Hexy. You do realize there are other type of trades to be made right?
    Yeah, between Larsson for Hall and Weber for Subban it's clear you can make major trades that immediately benefit your team without sacrificing the youth or future.

Easily my biggest beef with Saint Ronnie so far. It's like he doesn't realize that he can trade his youth for other youth that can help the team long-term, and not be just a rental. Drives me nuts.

Also, GM's who sit around too long because they're making sure they "win" every trade................not a good sign, IMO. He's scared of doing his job, scared of making a mistake.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

Rookie
    Right now each win by the Oilers makes the city and fans go bonkers; and the media is just hyping them insufferably...they better not win the Cup; it's already bad enough right now; I'll never hear the end of it.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    haha Flip no shit I was so angry after the game last night I had about 3 rants cued up.
    LOL, please, when in doubt hit "post quick reply".
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

All Star
    Ducks too slow. Speed kills.

Can't believe Anaheim didn't tie. Edm went into full on protect mode and got shelled. Deflection after deflection, post after post, crazy win.
    Wayne Simmonds is my spirit animal.

Yeah. Not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice