Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Oilers vs Ducks

The ducks have been off for a long time. Little rust from some of the players is to be expected. I think they still win the series in 6. they'll split home and away sets. I am thinking

O D D O D D
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

I don't know. I think the Oilers can beat the Ducks. The Ducks have size and play more physical but the Oilers have size and speed.

The Ducks are also getting healthy on D which could be good or bad depending on how "healthy" they really are and stepping back on to play a buzzsaw team like the Oilers.

I hope Cheyney drops the hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    haha Flip no shit I was so angry after the game last night I had about 3 rants cued up.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    Whatever. The hockey world is jerking off this morning over the Oilers. The Ducks are in for a fight so a fight is what they'll give EDM. Someone needs to wake Corey Perry the fuck up because he couldn't have played any worse.

Getzlaf was a beast and Kesler did his job on Gretzky Jr but someone has got to knock Letestu on his fucking ass.
    Holy shit man, try living in the country. I became apathetic towards the Toronto Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers because they were so inept for such an extended time. Now, the media and hockey fans of these teams are absolutely insufferable. It is absolutely maddening. How can two franchises that were so disfunctional be so goddamn arrogant overnight with a little playoff success. Can't begin to explain how bad it is up here.
    Last edited by canadianphillyfan; 04-27-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    CPF

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianphillyfan View Post
    Holy shit man, try living in the country. I became apathetic towards the Toronto Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers because they were so inept for such an extended time. Now, the media and hockey fans of these teams are absolutely insufferable. It is absolutely maddening. How can two franchises that were so disfunctional be so goddamn arrogant overnight with a little playoff success. Can't begin to explain how bad it i up here.
    I can imagine! It's probably reaching hysteria levels. On one hand I get it. Hockey mad markets finally seeing some success and brighter days ahead. Then on the other hand, it's exactly like you describe: arrogant and insufferable. And just so you know, I have never disrespected Canada as a country as it relates to hockey talk. My comment was more about the online hockey community.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

I like the Oilers. Not just because of McDavid though. I love that they added size and toughness as well around the speed and skill they have.

Kassian, Lucic and Maroon have big excellent additions to make them a more complete team. They overpaid for Lucic but he still makes that team better.

The Larsson trade was excellent for them as well.

I absolutely love the way the Ducks play hockey, but I think the Oilers can come pretty close to matching the toughness, and skill from team to team is a toss-up. That's why I originally said if the Ducks can't slow them down I don't think they win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    I can imagine! It's probably reaching hysteria levels. On one hand I get it. Hockey mad markets finally seeing some success and brighter days ahead. Then on the other hand, it's exactly like you describe: arrogant and insufferable. And just so you know, I have never disrespected Canada as a country as it relates to hockey talk. My comment was more about the online hockey community.
    Don't worry about that, I find plenty of Canadian hockey fans plain fucking idiots. If you try to have a logical hockey discussion with them, they just blurt out "Flyers suck, go Leafs".

I live around an hour from Sidney Crosby's stomping grounds, so you can imagine the daily suffering I endure. One thing I cannot get through the heads of these mouth breathing fuckwads is that I completely respect the skills of Crosby. Hell, if most of the Flyers had 1/2 of his drive and desire, I'd be happy. The fucking guy can flat out play. When I make my pure hatred of him known, people always say "What? How can you say Crosby sucks?".

Holy fuck, now I'm wound up ha ha.
    CPF

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianphillyfan View Post
    Holy shit man, try living in the country. I became apathetic towards the Toronto Maple Leafs and Edmonton Oilers because they were so inept for such an extended time. Now, the media and hockey fans of these teams are absolutely insufferable. It is absolutely maddening. How can two franchises that were so disfunctional be so goddamn arrogant overnight with a little playoff success. Can't begin to explain how bad it is up here.
    Get used to it. Those two teams are going to be at or near the top of their conferences for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    Get used to it. Those two teams are going to be at or near the top of their conferences for the next decade.
    Thanks Zeus, excuse me while I skip work early, go home and cry all day in the fetal position.

Fuck, you are completely correct. Those teams have talent bursting out all over the place and we continue to languish in Mediocreville, USA.
    CPF