Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: GDT: Raleigh at the Flyers 3/19/17

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connera1 View Post
    Yeah the PEB signing goes down as another headscratcher for Hextall. Filpula trade was borderline great; offset by the awful PEB extension. The VLC trade was great; offset by the Weisse signing. Sending Grossman to Phoenix + Pronger contract + 3rd Rounder for fuck Zac Rinaldo is offset by the Umberger debacle.

One great one bad. Its a pattern i think.
    Don't forget the deal for the great and versatile Michael Raffl. He has two more years at over a 2 mil cap hit. He was clipping at a great .212 PPG rate this year. 11 points in 52 games. Hopefully LV picks him up in the Expansion draft.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Flyers only need to win 8 in a row to have a shot. Let's go boys!

Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I don't know that it says anything about them....he resigned MDZ/Schultz/Gudas when he had terrific defensive prospects in the pipeline....Hexy seems to like to keep the vets a year too long and let the prospects overcook as opposed to having an open slot and "giving" it to a kid. Weal is a good example...he was playing great in the minors (I believe he was 2nd in the AHL) and still couldn't crack the lineup until there was an injury to Raffl and then he ends up on the 1st line and looks like he belongs.

We already have G, V, Simmonds, Konecny, Read, Raffl, Weise, Schenn, Couturier, Filpulla (10 players) signed thru next year...then they still have Cousins under control, Lindblom likely coming over, Weal, Laughton, Leier as well as other UDFA or FA signings/trades...so why do they need to lock up an 11th spot (for 2 years) for a guy with no upside and is likely on the downside of a marginal NHL career. I like Hexy a lot more than most here but that's just an idiotic signing.
    They probably view him as a useful role player for their pk. Gives them some stability down the middle. Plus they want him to mentor laughton (if he isn't claimed) and maybe leier for that role.

I'm not thrilled with the extension but it seems they like him and the role he performs and didn't want to try their luck with FA to try to get the same thing slightly cheaper.

Something has to give though with the numbers crunch. Just too many bodies.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    If the Konecny bank shot doesn't go in; it would have been 5 losses in 6 games. This team still is mediocre just like it has been for the last 6 years. Its still far away from competing in the Eastern Conference. The Couturier fans need to slow the roll a little. Shutdown Seanie's improved play hasn't led to a full force run for the Flyers. The GM still needs to do a lot of work....

Our best players in this game were some of our youngest ... Konecny, Provorov and Gost. Those three were noticeable on almost every shift, mostly in positive ways. It's sad that Konecny didn't get an assist on Weise's goal as he created it with a great speed / power move just blowing by his guy on the outside. The fact that those guys were so noticeable bodes well for the future. The fact that our highest paid players were so unnoticeable doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BluehenJK View Post
    If the Konecny bank shot doesn't go in; it would have been 5 losses in 6 games. This team still is mediocre just like it has been for the last 6 years. Its still far away from competing in the Eastern Conference. The Couturier fans need to slow the roll a little. Shutdown Seanie's improved play hasn't led to a full force run for the Flyers. The GM still needs to do a lot of work....
    Even with Couturier properly slotted, there are just too many holes to overcome.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    It's a speed game. A young man's game. And Hextall is giving raises to Bellemare.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    It's a speed game. A young man's game. And Hextall is giving raises to Bellemare.

Maybe it was a fake raise.