Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Raleigh at the Flyers 3/19/17

Great to see Konecny and Provorov playing so well and Gost breaking out of his slump. Maybe it was more than a slump and it was his hip as he looks like a different player.

I really like Weal and his tenacity on the puck...it seemed like he created 3-4 turnovers last night.

That 4th line is a complete waste though...really annoyed they signed PEB for 2 more years.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Great to see Konecny and Provorov playing so well and Gost breaking out of his slump. Maybe it was more than a slump and it was his hip as he looks like a different player.

I really like Weal and his tenacity on the puck...it seemed like he created 3-4 turnovers last night.

That 4th line is a complete waste though...really annoyed they signed PEB for 2 more years.
    PEB is not an NHL player..... He does nothing. Neither is Raffl. Don't be surprised if VV is back.

God forbid. I really don't think if PEB got knocked out of the lineup and you put in Leier that they would have a drop off at all. In fact he may even pop in the rare goal.

I just don't get locking up 4th liners that can't fight, score or play physical. rant over

Flyers only need to win 8 in a row to have a shot. Let's go boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    God forbid. I really don't think if PEB got knocked out of the lineup and you put in Leier that they would have a drop off at all. In fact he may even pop in the rare goal.

I just don't get locking up 4th liners that can't fight, score or play physical. rant over
    I also don't understand that signing. I have nothing against PEB, but that contract is as insane as the Weise signing.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Flyers only need to win 8 in a row to have a shot. Let's go boys!
    I like the optimism Flip.

All Star
    speaks volumes about your forward prospects when you sign 4th line guys for 2 years. you can wait until august and get a better free agent cheaper on a 1 year deal.

beyond comical these guys get multiple year deals.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    I also don't understand that signing. I have nothing against PEB, but that contract is as insane as the Weise signing.
    Yeah the PEB signing goes down as another headscratcher for Hextall. Filpula trade was borderline great; offset by the awful PEB extension. The VLC trade was great; offset by the Weisse signing. Sending Grossman to Phoenix + Pronger contract + 3rd Rounder for fuck Zac Rinaldo is offset by the Umberger debacle.

One great one bad. Its a pattern i think.

All Star
    imo hextal gets way to much credit for the VLC and pronger deals.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    speaks volumes about your forward prospects when you sign 4th line guys for 2 years. you can wait until august and get a better free agent cheaper on a 1 year deal.

beyond comical these guys get multiple year deals.
    I don't know that it says anything about them....he resigned MDZ/Schultz/Gudas when he had terrific defensive prospects in the pipeline....Hexy seems to like to keep the vets a year too long and let the prospects overcook as opposed to having an open slot and "giving" it to a kid. Weal is a good example...he was playing great in the minors (I believe he was 2nd in the AHL) and still couldn't crack the lineup until there was an injury to Raffl and then he ends up on the 1st line and looks like he belongs.

We already have G, V, Simmonds, Konecny, Read, Raffl, Weise, Schenn, Couturier, Filpulla (10 players) signed thru next year...then they still have Cousins under control, Lindblom likely coming over, Weal, Laughton, Leier as well as other UDFA or FA signings/trades...so why do they need to lock up an 11th spot (for 2 years) for a guy with no upside and is likely on the downside of a marginal NHL career. I like Hexy a lot more than most here but that's just an idiotic signing.