Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Phillippe Myers thread

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I think it is valid to express worry about better younger players getting boxed out of the NHL by journeyman vets -- Hextall's overvaluing of mediocre veterans is downright scary.

See, for example, giving Schultz a needless raise and extension; the Weise signing; the Gordon signing; the ridiculous raise and extension to Bellemare; the Vandevelde one-way extension when it happened (worried another is coming).

Of course I'm worried Hextall is going to sign some mediocre veteran defenseman like Alzner because he's overly afraid of having too many young defensemen. This team isn't going anywhere next season -- if Morin and Hagg aren't ready after two AHL seasons and Sanheim after one, odds are they just weren't good enough to begin with, not a matter of needing even more minor league time. Let's find out what we have. They can't possibly be any worse than Schultz, Manning, and Del Zotto.
    I don't have any issues with his patience with the kids. Apart from the first few months of 2015-16 when Gostisbehere was in LHV, I find it hard to disagree with any of his choices regarding the prospects. It's boring but its the right way to develop talent. What I have issue with is the boring, non-physical slop they're willing to put on the ice while we wait for the prospects.

Of the names you mention, none of Schultz, Vandevelde, Gordon, Manning or Del Zotto are taking up a roster spot from a prospect ready on the farm. That's not to say they're not garbage - but they're all on cheap, short-term contracts. And I get that a guy like Cole Bardeau, Scott Laughton or Taylor Leier could probably play now - but clearly Hextall feels they could do with more time in LHV. And all three have had major injuries which have slowed their development.

The Dale Weise signing does bother me because his contract, unlike the others, does stand in the way of young talent coming through. Hopefully its offset by either Read or Weise leaving in the expansion draft.

20 GOTO 10
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    Of the names you mention, none of Schultz, Vandevelde, Gordon, Manning or Del Zotto are taking up a roster spot from a prospect ready on the farm. That's not to say they're not garbage - but they're all on cheap, short-term contracts. And I get that a guy like Cole Bardeau, Scott Laughton or Taylor Leier could probably play now - but clearly Hextall feels they could do with more time in LHV. And all three have had major injuries which have slowed their development.
    If Laughton could play, he'd be on the roster. He's had a ton of chances now and never takes advantage of them. Too bad his mean stare doesn't put the puck in the net, or keep it out of ours.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    I don't want Myers or any other young player near this cosch...keep with the 16 4th liners til he's fired.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    I don't want Myers or any other young player near this cosch...keep with the 16 4th liners til he's fired.
    Provorov has progressed pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Because he is a superior talent, konecny and Gostisbehere have floundered quite a bit and them getting jerked in and out of the lineup is not helping them, especially when you consider the garbage he plays every single night no matter what.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Hextall is like the Phillies; afraid to start their UFA clock also nervous about bringing them up and having them struggle. Prospect love is a strong feeling but as soon as they come up; the love affair ends and they have to produce. Appleyard and his lemmings have this affliction. Every prospect is going to be good to them. But as Philly sports fans; we saw Dom Brown & then realized that prospect rankings from people like Appleyard & Baseball America don't really mean shit. Because their descriptions are like horoscopes. Alot of wordsmithing but always vague.

".....Tommy Puckhead is not the best skater but more than good enough for the NHL but can improve with work w/ pro coaches. He is good along the boards and for his size: toughness is not a concern. His junior coaches rave about his leadership. Could easily project as a 35-40 point NHL 3rd liner & could handle PK duties as well but his skill level could see him project possibly as a top 6 NHL contributor...."

Rinse, repeat. This is Appletard's scouting report from a fucking computer in Europe for every fucking late round EURO forward.

Bluehen has become one of the best posters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by BluehenJK View Post
    Hextall is like the Phillies; afraid to start their UFA clock also nervous about bringing them up and having them struggle. Prospect love is a strong feeling but as soon as they come up; the love affair ends and they have to produce. Appleyard and his lemmings have this affliction. Every prospect is going to be good to them. But as Philly sports fans; we saw Dom Brown & then realized that prospect rankings from people like Appleyard & Baseball America don't really mean shit. Because their descriptions are like horoscopes. Alot of wordsmithing but always vague.

".....Tommy Puckhead is not the best skater but more than good enough for the NHL but can improve with work w/ pro coaches. He is good along the boards and for his size: toughness is not a concern. His junior coaches rave about his leadership. Could easily project as a 35-40 point NHL 3rd liner & could handle PK duties as well but his skill level could see him project possibly as a top 6 NHL contributor...."

Rinse, repeat. This is Appletard's scouting report from a fucking computer in Europe for every fucking late round EURO forward.
    At least we have prospects (plural, not singular) with NHL potential.

This organization has been bereft of that since Richards and Carter were on the Phantoms.
    Couldn't care less

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I don't think he will be leap frogging into the NHL. That's not how Hextall rolls.
    Nope. He should replace AMac in 2021. That's how Hexy rolls.
    World Fucking Champions !!!!

I keep hearing you can't bring up 3 dmen at the same time. Too much youth. I say why the hell not. It's better than the garbage we have right now and it's not like we are a playoff team. If the kids are ready let them play.
    World Fucking Champions !!!!