Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillippe Myers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    and Sanheim...
    Correct......I left him out.

Blog Entries
    I don't think anyone hops over Morin or Hagg at this point, and if they do, it means 1 of them was traded. Morin and Hagg are at that point where you have to get them into the NHL, whereas there's no harm in giving Myers a season in the AHL or Sanheim another half a season plus in the AHL.
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

Calmoring for Briere's Derriere rufstuf's Avatar
    i have no problem w/ Myers spending some time in the minors like Gostisbehere and others. Hextall has shown patience w/ his prospects and so far, it seems to be working. I know fans are frustrated w/ the process but fucking up development by rushing players would just slow things down even more.
    from hell's heart i stab at thee. for hate's sake, i spit my last breath at thee.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    I think they should be evaluated and given NHL spots as if you didn't know their names or ages. If they are one of the top 7 defensemen in the organization, they should be in the NHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal22 View Post
    I don't think anyone hops over Morin or Hagg at this point, and if they do, it means 1 of them was traded. Morin and Hagg are at that point where you have to get them into the NHL, whereas there's no harm in giving Myers a season in the AHL or Sanheim another half a season plus in the AHL.
    This is what I see happening. Glad to see Myers is playing well though, could be a nice find.

As for Hagg, last I heard was he didn't have quite the effort and was hit or miss. But that was a couple years ago now. Has he been steadily improving as well? I kind of wrote him off.

Quote Originally Posted by coop3422 View Post
    This is what I see happening. Glad to see Myers is playing well though, could be a nice find.

As for Hagg, last I heard was he didn't have quite the effort and was hit or miss. But that was a couple years ago now. Has he been steadily improving as well? I kind of wrote him off.
    He's apparently had a very good year this year and been much more consistent which was the knock against him.

He was better then provorov in preseason. Hes huge. Has a right hand shot. I know hexy has his let dudes play in the minors until they are 25 policy, however I really think he will play his way onto a roster spot out of camp. Hes that good.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I think they should be evaluated and given NHL spots as if you didn't know their names or ages. If they are one of the top 7 defensemen in the organization, they should be in the NHL.
    I don't agree. If he is the #7 guy and he is't ready, then I think you have to sign a stop gap guy and let that guy get ready. Just make sure you don't sign a stupid contract. I don't believe that Manning is better than Morin probably right now, but I do wonder if Morin is ready yet for the NHL. For the long term benefit, the GM must make a wise choice.
    TarheelFlyer

Given the Flyers' horrific track record with developing defensemen until Hextall's arrival, I'm not sure why we would complain. Every single one of our young drafted defensemen are developing at (or better) than what we hoped, and all appear to be on track to lock down NHL jobs - making them either valuable (and cheap) players or grade trade chips to address other areas of need.

Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Myers, Morin, Hagg and even guys like Friedman and Willcox are progressing. I have issue with a few pieces of Hextall's plan. His development of the defensemen is not one of them.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    I think it is valid to express worry about better younger players getting boxed out of the NHL by journeyman vets -- Hextall's overvaluing of mediocre veterans is downright scary.

See, for example, giving Schultz a needless raise and extension; the Weise signing; the Gordon signing; the ridiculous raise and extension to Bellemare; the Vandevelde one-way extension when it happened (worried another is coming).

Of course I'm worried Hextall is going to sign some mediocre veteran defenseman like Alzner because he's overly afraid of having too many young defensemen. This team isn't going anywhere next season -- if Morin and Hagg aren't ready after two AHL seasons and Sanheim after one, odds are they just weren't good enough to begin with, not a matter of needing even more minor league time. Let's find out what we have. They can't possibly be any worse than Schultz, Manning, and Del Zotto.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.