Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillippe Myers thread

Phillippe Myers thread

I looked a bit and didn't see his own thread...he's certainly worthy of one.

He was ranked the #2 riser amongst all prospects.... http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...sing-prospects

2. Philippe Myers, D, Philadelphia Flyers (+47)
    Last year: Not ranked
    This year: 29th

The Flyers inked Myers as an undrafted free agent in 2015. He didn’t even crack their top 10 prospects in Future Watch 2016, so a leap inside the top 30 shocked us. Our panel really likes the kid, as do the Flyers, who rave about his blend of mobility and agility on a 6-foot-5, 210-pound frame. He’s quietly been better than a point-per-game player with the QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda Huskies this season. He impressed in a pre-season look with the Flyers last fall, too, and made Canada’s world junior squad. TSN’s Bob McKenzie excited Flyers fans in January by suggesting Myers was NHL ready.

As if the Flyers weren’t stacked enough with young D-men. They already have Ivan Provorov and Shayne Gostisbehere at the NHL level, with Travis Sanheim, Samuel Morin and Robert Hagg in the system. Myers could leapfrog that AHL trio if he keeps playing this well.

This year he has 33 points (10G/23A) in 32 games.

Potter Rossi"ed" me and all I got was this lousy avatar Flyersailor's Avatar
    I hope the kid turns out. I am concerned about his concussions though. Two we already know about.
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, Iíll kill you all.Ē General James Mattis

I don't think he will be leap frogging into the NHL. That's not how Hextall rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I don't think he will be leap frogging into the NHL. That's not how Hextall rolls.
    in fairness, Provorov did it this year...the inability to play in the AHL likely was a big factor.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    in fairness, Provorov did it this year...the inability to play in the AHL likely was a big factor.
    Bingo.

If he could have spent time in the AHL, he would have.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

And Myers is 20 years old. They aren't left with that decision. He is an overager at 20 in juniors.

They said the same thing about Morin in camp 2 years ago. The Flyers were supposedly looking at keeping him instead of sending him down. They sent him back. Now he is in the AHL. They sent Gostisbehere straight to the AHL as well, and he would have stayed there for the year had injuries not played a part in calling him up.
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    And Myers is 20 years old. They aren't left with that decision. He is an overager at 20 in juniors.
    at the end of the day having Myers, Morin, Sanheim and Hagg is a great problem to have. It'll be interesting to see them at camp next year to see who takes a spot(s).

I would highly expect Hextall to follow the precedent he has set.

As FS said, I'm a little concerned about the two concussions Myers has had. Will be interested in seeing him this coming July at the development camp.

They do need some talented size on the backline. And Myers certainly brings that, along with Morin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    As FS said, I'm a little concerned about the two concussions Myers has had. Will be interested in seeing him this coming July at the development camp.

They do need some talented size on the backline. And Myers certainly brings that, along with Morin.
    and Sanheim...