Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Final 14 games....how do we finish?

Ryan Kesler Fan Club President
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    They will go on a meaningless winning streak to pick 14th
    Exactly. And then we will hear the GM talk about how valuable those wins were and "rolling over the momentum" of that streak into next season. Either that or we will hear some complete nonsensical bullshit from either Hextard of Haktard (tm: Zeus) talking about the importance of "young guys learning how to win in the NHL" even though there are exactly two "young guys" in the lineup.

Fuck off with this entire lot of frauds, from the top down. This is the first season in my entire life that I legitimately forget when the Flyers are even playing. That kills me to say out loud as a once proud and diehard fan of this team. My fandom is a mirror reflection of the bullshit franchise and can be summed up in one word...apathy.

For the record I hope the Pens fucking smoke this group. Like, some 7-0 type shit.

EDIT: Yeah, I know Superfans...cue the "if you hate them so much then why are you here" posts and/or whatever else the witty and insufferable superfan retorts are these days. Heaven forbid someone has a dissenting opinion of your posterboys.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    LOL. I actually think Couturier should use cocaine - it may make him skate faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    not sure even coke would help with that.

20 GOTO 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheyney View Post
    This is the first season in my entire life that I legitimately forget when the Flyers are even playing. That kills me to say out loud as a once proud and diehard fan of this team. My fandom is a mirror reflection of the bullshit franchise and can be summed up in one word...apathy.
    same, and often even if they are on, and I know that they're on. I can't be bothered to watch.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Exactly. And then we will hear the GM talk about how valuable those wins were and "rolling over the momentum" of that streak into next season. Either that or we will hear some complete nonsensical bullshit from either Hextard of Haktard (tm: Zeus) talking about the importance of "young guys learning how to win in the NHL" even though there are exactly two "young guys" in the lineup.

Fuck off with this entire lot of frauds, from the top down. This is the first season in my entire life that I legitimately forget when the Flyers are even playing. That kills me to say out loud as a once proud and diehard fan of this team. My fandom is a mirror reflection of the bullshit franchise and can be summed up in one word...apathy.

For the record I hope the Pens fucking smoke this group. Like, some 7-0 type shit.

EDIT: Yeah, I know Superfans...cue the "if you hate them so much then why are you here" posts and/or whatever else the witty and insufferable superfan retorts are these days. Heaven forbid someone has a dissenting opinion of your posterboys.
    This is how I feel.

West of the Jordan, east of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    What does that sound like?
    "He is not a top 6 but a decent enough D-man to be a 3rd pairing." - Dave Schultz #8

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content." - Bob Dylan

And apathy is far worse for a fan base than anger. It's a lot harder to shake the fans out of it. Just getting into the playoffs won't be enough. The Flyers will need a Lindros like player to get the buzz back, good luck, or a long Stanley Cup run.

And that's why hanging in the middle is franchise suicide. You need something major to wake the fans out of their apathy.

They'll win just enough games to not make the playoffs but hurt their draft position. And DS8 will be somewhere loving the momentum it creates for next season...

All Star
    At least this year, it doesn't matter much where you are drafting between about 5 and 20 - there's not much consensus ranking. So I do think the Flyers go on a bit of a meaningless run.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Blog Entries

I have heard this echoed by almost all of the diehard fans I know personally. All of them, down to the last one, are upset with 3 things:

1) The continued tire pumping about how great everything is all year. "We're a playoff team", "we control our own destiny", "playoff push" and things like "Flyers defense really coming around" when they lose a game 1-0 and score like 5 goals in 7 games. It's straight up propaganda and when people buy into it it's only more frustrating to the fans who know better.

2) Sustained mediocrity on the ice with very few changes, because the GM continues to sit in a high chair, convinced his plan is genius. He would seemingly rather waste year after year waiting, to see his plan out, rather than adjust on the fly and make the necessary improvements.

3) This team was ALWAYS exciting in the past. Like it or not, they were either very good or trying to be aggressive. It's entertaining when your team is going after the UFA, making trades or rumored to be, every year. It's entertaining when your team is one of the best in the league. We are neither aggressive or good. The only way you can be excited by this team is if you're an unmitigated homer or you're an accountant.
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    1-0-0
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Blog Entries
    If Mason is out longer than a game, you can forget that "win streak" Neuvirth has been leaky all year and this whole team looks like it's dying to quit
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.