Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giroux

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    I don't think you'd get much for him due to those diminishing returns as well as his huge contract.
    that ship has sailed.
    Possibly though imo u need to move on unless the return is so bad. A kessel like deal is possible
    Pussy Galore

He's finished! Almost 30 more points than the first line center.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

All Star
    I think he is finished in terms of leading this team to anything significant. Where the flyers are at today and where they need to get to I don't think clode is a part of that. So many teams ahead of the flyers now and in the next few years imo.

he isn't finished as a player and maybe the extra time off will help. Being the 3rd to 5th option on another team he would be perfect.

by keeping him then you need to make a serious effort to contend by acquiring said pieces to win now. Does anyone think Ronald will do that?
    Pussy Galore

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Believe FLiP or the always wrong tardien- easy choice
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

West of the Jordan, east of the Rock of Gibraltar
    He can't play anymore. And it is a monster problem because the team is built around him.
    The team is not built around him. They'd LIKE to build around him, but they haven't done very well at it. He is a playmaker, with no real snipers to pass to. Then again, Simmonds and Schenn will both likely hit career highs in goals this year.
    "He is not a top 6 but a decent enough D-man to be a 3rd pairing." - Dave Schultz #8

"Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than people who are most content." - Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Maybe he wont be a 1.0 ppg player again. But if he gets to about .80 and voracek doing the same. Get Schenn where he needs to be at .65-.75 and Simmonds keep doing what he's doing. That's going to be fine. They just need to add another player or 2 that can produce at .5 ppg and above to fill out the top 6.
    Something along those lines already occurred in 2013-2014. Voracek was .75. Hartnell and Read were over .5 with Couturier only 2 pts off of .5. Schenn was only at .5 but Giroux was over a point per game pace. So combined their production would equal the levels you are suggesting. They ended up losing to the Rangers in the first round in 7 games, with game 7 being largely uncompetitive. The Flyers only scored more than 2 goals in two of the games being limited to 1 goal three times in the series.

So a lot will be expected of the defense prospects and goaltending for that production to be enough to win a Stanley Cup.

All Star
    The two ends of the continuum are G is largely done as an effective 5 on 5 player to G can still be effective if healthier and/or surrounded by better players (Simmonds+?).

I hope the latter, but either way, it still leaves the question over whether he fits with the timing of this team's rebuild, or would younger assets you might get for trading him fit better? I think the answer was obviously the younger assets when we were talking about the previous two stacked drafts and G had value, but I am not so sure ...
    1) What value current G has
    2) what value current assets you could get would have - draft picks this year are worth less

(PS Haha, ya, I should switch to TGNow.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPSU View Post
    As long as Homer is here, there is no way in hell that either Carter or Richards are moved.
    http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...quote_icon.png Originally Posted by MnchstrCityBlues79 http://www.phillysportsforums.com/fo...post-right.png
    Fuck off. I'm a fan, derived from fanaticism. Not born in reason or logic but in passion and dedication. If you don't believe in the intangibles and immeasurables then you are one miserable fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Poulin228 View Post
    Something along those lines already occurred in 2013-2014. Voracek was .75. Hartnell and Read were over .5 with Couturier only 2 pts off of .5. Schenn was only at .5 but Giroux was over a point per game pace. So combined their production would equal the levels you are suggesting. They ended up losing to the Rangers in the first round in 7 games, with game 7 being largely uncompetitive. The Flyers only scored more than 2 goals in two of the games being limited to 1 goal three times in the series.

So a lot will be expected of the defense prospects and goaltending for that production to be enough to win a Stanley Cup.
    Ahhh, yes...........the infamous series Where Shutdown Shithead averaged 19 minutes a night over 7 games, and collected ZERO points.
    How funky is your chicken? How funky is your chicken?
    How loose is your goose? Our goose is totally loose.....
    So c'mon all you Flyer fans.......c'mon all you Flyer fans
    And shake your Caboose !! Shake your Caboose !!

As I suspected:

1. Captain Claude Giroux, who has never complained about injuries, admitted this morning when asked, that it took some time to recover from surgery to repair his right hip and an abdominal tear on May 17. Giroux has scored points in six consecutive games. In those six games he has two goals, four assists and a plus-1 rating. “When you try to make plays you used to make and can’t really make them it is frustrating and confusing,” he said after the optional morning skate, which he didn’t take part of. “When you start getting the confidence back you know you can make those plays you just go out there and make it happen.”

Nah dude. This board says he is finished.

How many games has it been since Filppula joined the team?
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice