Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Hopefully he's able to bounce back. I really believe he never recovered 100% from his hip operation over last summer.

Maybe he wont be a 1.0 ppg player again. But if he gets to about .80 and voracek doing the same. Get Schenn where he needs to be at .65-.75 and Simmonds keep doing what he's doing. That's going to be fine. They just need to add another player or 2 that can produce at .5 ppg and above to fill out the top 6.

Couturier on line 3 is an asset. On line 2 he's a hinderance.

Raffl and the other stiffs that Hextall has tossed extensions 2 need to be bounced.

No need for "elite" just quality and depth.

Provorov, Sanheim and Morin have a bigger impact on what the future holds - as does the goaltending.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    That alot of ifs....Flip. This forward corps has won one playoff series in 6 years. The excuses eventually have to stop.

What has Giroux done since:

1. A speedy winger has been added to his line
    2. A 2C has been added to the team (trickle down depth...other team respects more than 1 line)

....1G, 3A, 4PTS...in last 4 games. 1.0ppg

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    Jesus Christ.....They lose 3 in a row to fall out of the playoffs and can't score and all is fine.....This board has turned into HFboards...Wtf?

Seasoned Veteran
    Clode has a lot of mileage on his body.

Starting to see diminished returns. 5 on 5 play he is a shell of his former self. Pp can still get it done.

I would prefer to cut bait then try to build around
    Pussy Galore

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    I don't think you'd get much for him due to those diminishing returns as well as his huge contract.
    that ship has sailed.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BluehenJK View Post
    Jesus Christ.....They lose 3 in a row to fall out of the playoffs and can't score and all is fine.....This board has turned into HFboards...Wtf?
    Agreed for some

Quote Originally Posted by BluehenJK View Post
    What I'm saying is that Giroux isn't the main problem here. The makeup of the overall forward roster has been the problem. How can you expect them to win when they've been a 1 line team night after night. The quick fix done this past week further illustrates my point. Weal & Filppula aren't the ideal answer...but, much better than having a Raffl on line 1, & Couturier as a 2C. Just by adding Filppula's body at 2C...it gave us a more effective 3rd line. By adding Weal...it gave Giroux's line extra jump. Thus, we have 3 decent lines, rather than just 1.

Hockey is more than...."What has my best player done for me lately?" It's about..."What is the makeup of the roster, & how do they all fit together & compliment each other?" This is more on the GM right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Maybe he wont be a 1.0 ppg player again. But if he gets to about .80 and voracek doing the same. Get Schenn where he needs to be at .65-.75 and Simmonds keep doing what he's doing. That's going to be fine. They just need to add another player or 2 that can produce at .5 ppg and above to fill out the top 6.

Couturier on line 3 is an asset. On line 2 he's a hinderance.

Raffl and the other stiffs that Hextall has tossed extensions 2 need to be bounced.

No need for "elite" just quality and depth.

Provorov, Sanheim and Morin have a bigger impact on what the future holds - as does the goaltending.
    Agreed.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    11th highest paid player in the entire NHL.

9th on the team in even strength points the last 3 months.

Fewer than Radko Gudas. Fewer than Travis Konecny who has played about 12 fewer games.

Same as Nick Cousins.

He can't play anymore. And it is a monster problem because the team is built around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.