Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giroux and Voracek just aren'e elite....just face it.

Speaking of Toews, by the way, if we could somehow luck into the winning the draft lottery ... Nolan Patrick has been compared to Toews by some.

20 GOTO 10
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Speaking of Toews, by the way, if we could somehow luck into the winning the draft lottery ... Nolan Patrick has been compared to Toews by some.
    Mike Richards was compared to Bobby Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by jsp92 View Post
    Toews? Maybe?

Toews es would be considered a letdown on this board. Does t even have as many points as voracek. He's finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Waive Nodl and Shelley BluehenJK's Avatar
    I am fucking tired of the excuses for Giroux and Voracek. But my point of the thread was that the the Flyers need another top tier forward. Their forward corps isn't good enough. And don't give me Filpulla... He is really a 3rd liner at this point of his career.

I don't think any rational person on this board disagrees with the statement that the Flyers need another top tier forward.

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    I don't think any rational person on this board disagrees with the statement that the Flyers need another top tier forward.
    they need more than 1 change.

I would like Hextall to explain his "vision" of the Flyers to come;
    Will they be a gritty, hard hitting team that's going to beat you done?
    Are they going to be a high skill team that will make you pay for every power play you give them (the Detriot model)?
    A young team?
    What, what is their identity going to be?

But for fucking sakes, pick something and stick to that plan. Give the fans something.
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    Toews es would be considered a letdown on this board. Does t even have as many points as voracek. He's finished.
    He has 11 goals and 30 points in the last 29 games. He's really picked it up after a slow start.

Pretty much.

Elite forwards.

Crosby
    Malkin
    Kane
    McDavid
    Ovechkin

Who else?

To me - elite is the ability to dominate season after season. Giroux had that at one point. He had a much better supporting cast than he has now, the last time he was in that position.

But I don't think you need to have elite forwards to win a cup. Just all-star caliber forwards and depth. They're better now with that with konecny healthy and Filppula.

More important is high level defense and goaltending. They don't have that.
    Not elite, but a tier below

Backstrom - 4th overall
    Seguin - 2nd overall

Matthews and Laine are off to great starts

Other 2nd tier forwards taken later in the 1st are Tarasenko, Pavelski, Pacioretty, Granlund and Carter

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    I'll make the prediction right now.

Nolan Patrick is a Manitoba kid. One of the best young players in Brandon Wheat Kings history.

Ron Hextall is a Manitoba kid. Former Wheat King legend. Still very tied to the team and community.

The Flyers will trade up in the draft to get Nolan Patrick.
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

The re-build needs to start with the GM down. I have no confidence in the Flyers management, scouting and player development. When I think of Flyers management, the word nepotism comes to mind.