Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Giroux and Voracek just aren'e elite....just face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    you really think that's all it will take to get the #1 overall pick? good lord
    I'm not stating that projection is correct but McKenzie said in the last TSN rankings that Patrick missed the 2016 draft by 4 days with his birthday. He's almost a year older than many other prospects in this draft. Because of that scouts have been saying he would have gone 5th overall last year and that is how they view him. So I think that is his trade value. What do you think the 5th overall in the 2016 draft is worth? More or less than the #1 overall in 2017?
    Last edited by PhillyMac; 03-14-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Notice the agenda in tardien' trade proposal. Why isn't it Gostisbehere and Couturier?
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Trigger Warning
    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...-8#q=ManVsRice

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Exactly FLiP - just more brutal tardien
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    I'm not stating that projection is correct but McKenzie said in the last TSN rankings that Patrick missed the 2016 draft by 4 days with his birthday. He's almost a year older than many other prospects in this draft. Because of that scouts have been saying he would have gone 5th overall last year and that is how they view him. So I think that is his trade value. What do you think the 5th overall in the 2016 draft is worth? More or less than the #1 overall in 2017?
    The cost of moving would be huge regardless. It would probably be 2 firsts, Sanheim plus Schenn and even that might not be enough. Teams drafting at 1 or 2 have no reason to move down. They likely don't budge without Provorov being included. That's isn't worth it for Nolan Patrick, for whom McKenzie said some scouts project at best a 2nd line center. Besides, do you think Hextall would ever put a massive deal like that together?

The only way the Flyers are going to get an elite forward prospect is thru luck, either wining the lottery or snagging a player who falls thru the cracks and goes outside of the top 5 that other scouts miss.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    Trading Couturier would be pointless because he is worthless at this point.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Patrick is probably going to be the #2 overall pick, not #1 (Hischier), so it would be trading for the 2nd overall pick.

As pointed out, Patrick is not nearly considered the type of player who has been at the top of past recent drafts. He's no generational talent.

So, yes, I think Schenn and the Flyers own first, which will probably still be in the late top 10, might be enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Patrick is probably going to be the #2 overall pick, not #1 (Hischier), so it would be trading for the 2nd overall pick.

As pointed out, Patrick is not nearly considered the type of player who has been at the top of past recent drafts. He's no generational talent.

So, yes, I think Schenn and the Flyers own first, which will probably still be in the late top 10, might be enough.
    Why would we want to trade a proven 20-25 goal scorer......you're just opening up a hole to gamble on filling that hole with a pick that's not a sure thing.

If secondary scoring is a problem and you still want to win with Giroux and Voracek, trading Schenn isn't going to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
    So even Eric Lindros thinks you're a fucking tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    JVR can eat the peanuts out of my shit.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange&Black View Post
    Why would we want to trade a proven 20-25 goal scorer......you're just opening up a hole to gamble on filling that hole with a pick that's not a sure thing.
    OK, so first you imply that a GM "would have to be a concussed drooling idiot" to accept Schenn and the Flyers' own first in exchange for Patrick.

Now you are saying it would be a stupid gamble to give up Schenn, who is a proven 20-25 goal scorer.

I think you just want to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

OK, so first you imply that a GM "would have to be a concussed drooling idiot" to accept Schenn and the Flyers' own first in exchange for Patrick.

Now you are saying it would be a stupid gamble to give up Schenn, who is a proven 20-25 goal scorer.

I think you just want to complain.
    Schenn has more value to the Flyers than to Colorado ....who is trying to unload similar forwards, hence my first comment. Not a good trade for either team. I mentioned Joe Sakic specifically in that 1st post.....not "a GM".