Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hakstol should have cost himself the job last night

The 1st, and biggest, sign to me that he's not a real coach is:

No matter WHO played or what they did on the ice, if the team WON he plays the same lineup. So if Weise is a -3, we're going to go ahead and roll him out again, because naturally, he helped us win. If a player played a good game and the team lost, he's still apt to be pulled from the lineup, because the team lost. These are the kind of moves you make based on superstition, like when you eat pizza before a game and don't eat anything else before any other games until you lose. A good coach looks at the matchups, the play of the lines, how things fit together and then decides what's needed to be the NEXT team.

The Neuvirth decision was stupid, but I will also say....this is year 2. This is his system now. In the 2nd year the players SHOULD be productive, fluent in the system and reacting quickly. If it's not working, it's not, because it's new, it's, because the players are sub par and the system itself is crap.
    Last edited by Tidal22; 03-12-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

Nice work having his boy Manning out there in that situation. Great coach. Hope for many more with this elite thinker at the helm.

Wait until you read his quote about the PK and how it's doing a great job too, because "they're not giving up a lot of chances". Well, that's really cool, but you ARE giving up a lot of goals, which, unfortunately, is the barometer for GOOD vs SUCK.

I want to live in a fantasy land too, but how long would you keep you were in sales and you weren't making any, but you were getting a lot of chances? This whole organization has been giving the fans the worst case of spin for about 4-5 years now and that does pre-date Hakstol or Hextall, but it's worse under the 2 of these guys than it's ever been.

I think they're trying their best to tank and not make it obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperz25 View Post
    So even Eric Lindros thinks you're a fucking tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    JVR can eat the peanuts out of my shit.

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    LOL Powder Keg, no chance.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powder Keg View Post
    I think they're trying their best to tank and not make it obvious.
    If that were the case, you don't take on what Tampa considered a huge problem of Filppula at a $5M hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

If they wanted to tank all they'd have to do is start Neuvirth for 80% of the remaining games, send Weal back down to the AHL and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    If that were the case, you don't take on what Tampa considered a huge problem of Filppula at a $5M hit.
    Hextall is more worried about making the playoffs then in building this team into a bonafide Cup contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidal22 View Post
    If they wanted to tank all they'd have to do is start Neuvirth for 80% of the remaining games, send Weal back down to the AHL and wait.
    I wonder what they think of Weal. I'm hoping he's fallen into the category of being re-signed and protected with their final forward slot - but its hard to know. They love themselves some Raffl.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    I wonder what they think of Weal. I'm hoping he's fallen into the category of being re-signed and protected with their final forward slot - but its hard to know. They love themselves some Raffl.
    I've given up trying to figure out what Hextall thinks of a lot of players, because it seems to differ from what I think, but I don't see how you could let Weal go over Raffl. If they had another viable forward, maybe one who had more size and somewhat similar skill, I think Weal would be exposed, but right now it'd be hard for me to argue how Raffl shouldn't be exposed. He's at 2.35 for 2 years and I think a lot of the shine really came off of him this year, given that he received favorable linemates again and did less with them.