Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hakstol should have cost himself the job last night

Suffers from Woot Nuts Disease bmp1's Avatar
    you will be happy to know that a "rumor" came out of the weekend that has Hakstol as one of 5 coaches on the "hot seat".

I just don't know if all the blame falls on the coach. This club has gone thru coaches almost as fast as goalies.
    Results are still the same.
    Mediocrity (at best)
    Science does not suffer fools well, but it does make fools suffer.

All Star
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1 View Post
    you will be happy to know that a "rumor" came out of the weekend that has Hakstol as one of 5 coaches on the "hot seat".

I just don't know if all the blame falls on the coach. This club has gone thru coaches almost as fast as goalies.
    Results are still the same.
    Mediocrity (at best)
    where is this rumor from?
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    where is this rumor from?
    I'll have to go back to my FB feed. I was quoting one hockey writer.

Just used google:

http://www.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5...in-2017-122916

That was the link in the feed

This one is a little older

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ol-fired-odds/

With the firing of Bruins coach Claude Julien and the Canadiens coach Michel Therrien (and the Canadiens hiring of Julien), Dave Hakstol’s name has popped up on Bovada LV’s list on most likely NHL coach to be fired next.
    Hakstol is 22-1 to be the next head coach fired in the NHL, eighth on the list. Lindy Ruff of the Dallas Star at 7-4 is the leader in the clubhouse, according to Bovada LV.
    that was 2/15

Artist formerly known as kindczar zeusam's Avatar
    He needs to go and the next coach Hextall hires should probably be his last if there isn't any sustained period of success.

Quote Originally Posted by zeusam View Post
    He needs to go and the next coach Hextall hires should probably be his last if there isn't any sustained period of success.
    I am starting to accept that WFC and the practice sites are built on toxic waste dumps and there is black mold in the locker room.

This team has a cancer, and it keeps getting passed down to each incarnation.

Players who are compensated well that just don't perform. A team that for the most part plays without heart.

Scotty Bowman, Fred Shero, Toe Blake, could any coach breath life into this franchise?

Ed Snider passed away
    Holmgren is overseeing Hextall (but I don't know how much actual "overseeing" he's doing)
    Hextall is essentially "unchecked" from what I can tell, as they allow he and Holmgren to do whatever they see fit now
    Hakstol is Hextall's guy, because he lacked the clout to demand power and he was a developmental coach for a team they figured was going to need developing

As zeus said, if Hextall cans another coach, he's going to have to get a proven coach, which means it is definitely going to be the last guy he hires, if he fails. It also means, to hire that coach, Hextall would have to give up some control, because no Babcock or Julien level coach is taking a job without having a say in the personnel. For that reason, I feel like, at best, Hakstol gets let go next year, but that starts the cycle of Hextall having to actually shit or get off the pot. I don't think he's going to pull the pin on that until he absolutely has to and with no Snider, I don't know how long it'll be until he "has to".
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

All Star
    wonder if Ronald will make a play for darling on the hawks? seems like he needs to move on to be a starter.
    Pussy Galore

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    wonder if Ronald will make a play for darling on the hawks? seems like he needs to move on to be a starter.
    He is a capable backup on a good team. I wouldn't rush out and sign a guy who has only played more than 40 games in a season once in his career as a NHL starter.