Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th Round Pick (#109): Flyers Select Connor Bunnaman (C)

Patron Saint of Lost Causes PhillyGirl1437's Avatar
    Blog Entries

4th Round Pick (#109): Flyers Select Connor Bunnaman (C)

@NHLFlyers
    The #Flyers select Connor Bunnaman with the 109th pick of the #NHLDraft

Absolute homerun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Seasoned Veteran
    another hextall value pick?

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/pros...rs/c-287335076

might want to start keeping tabs on him. Having a nice season and has another goal and assist tonight.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    To be fair, he is 18 and in his 3rd junior season.

Still not at a PPG, but his 30 goals aren't bad.

From what I've read, he seems like he could be a potential 4th line NHLer down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Blog Entries
    There's a lot of prospects I'm buying as having massive potential or as being sure fire NHLers, but this isn't one of them. Nice story, decent game, good numbers this year, but I haven't seen anything really exceptional about his game.

On the other hand, the late pick that I feel almost no one talks about, who reminds me of a player is Cooper Marody. I've really liked his game and he shows some dynamic traits, especially given he was a 6th rounder.
    Much like Ron Hextall, I will not mortgage my future posts on rental posts.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    I agree with you. I'm more excited about the possibilities of 6th rounders Marody and Laczynski than the 4th rounders of Bunnamann, Dove-McFalls, and Twarynski. I just don't see the point in drafting these 4th line ceiling guys in the 4th round. You can always find 4th liners. Swing for the fences rounds 4-7.
    Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    I hope Tiltp dies in a car accident or Jeff skinner gets concussed.

Wow, I was thinking Marody was 5'7", who am I thinking of? Small college kid, goumas? Anyways, hope any of these late picks do something.

Philly Sports Forums LLC Senior Counsel FlyerDuke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    I agree with you. I'm more excited about the possibilities of 6th rounders Marody and Laczynski than the 4th rounders of Bunnamann, Dove-McFalls, and Twarynski. I just don't see the point in drafting these 4th line ceiling guys in the 4th round. You can always find 4th liners. Swing for the fences rounds 4-7.
    GMTLTP
    Originally Posted by DrunkenCoatsey
    This thread here, I'm pretty sure it what the Internet was made for. A never ending battle to summit Mt. Retard.

Marody would probably be discussed more if he didn't miss much of the season due to academic ineligibility. It feels (I have no data to back this up) easier to hit later in the draft with with defensemen than forwards. I'm not expecting much out of later picks, but if some of the guys can develop into bottom six NHL players, it's a huge improvement over what they've been able to do in the past. I would like to see the Flyers take more chances on guys who are purely offensive in the upcoming draft.