Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on Mark Friedman...last year's 3rd rounder

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abstract View Post
    Why no hope for Fazleev? If anything, it looks like he has some potential.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231738
    35 points in 45 games as an 18/19 year old in the WHL is quite underwhelming, and he doesn't really offer anything in the way of grit, either. I wouldn't be surprised if they never sign him.

Have not heard much lately on Colbourne but he is another player the organization has hopes on making it to the NHL. Thought it was a bad pick at the time but he might be a Rinaldo type player.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    Have not heard much lately on Colbourne but he is another player the organization has hopes on making it to the NHL. Thought it was a bad pick at the time but he might be a Rinaldo type player.
    he's scoring some goals but he's an overager. The fact that they offered him an AHL only deal says what they think. Probably will be the last contract he'll be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Schultz #8 View Post
    His name is Goulboure and it's still an awful pick. You don't take a Rinaldo type in the 3rd round. Anyway, I doubt he plays 1 game for the Flyers.

VP of .gif Enrichment, PhillySportsForums.com The Virginian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    His name is Goulboure and it's still an awful pick. You don't take a Rinaldo type in the 3rd round. Anyway, I doubt he plays 1 game for the Flyers.
    Isn't that the guy that no one expected to be drafted?

Was at HF and read a great quote in a thread talking about the best defense prospects....

Just think....Philly's 6th best D prospect just finished with the 3rd best PPG for 19 year old and younger Dmen in College.

Who was ahead of him? Hanifin and Werenski.

That's just sick...Friedman #6 as a freshman and he's been compared to Gost. For those that haven't read the article it's terrific. Shows how talented they thought this kid was and he has more than lived up to it as a freshman playing in all situations. Keep this kid in school for 3-4 years and he could be quite the player. Then they have Marti who seems interesting at probably #7. When have we ever had 3 decent defense prospects. His draft last year is looking like a homer run....

2014 Entry
    Draft Num. Round Player Pos Drafted From GP G A Pts PIM
    2014 Entry 17 1 Travis Sanheim D Calgary Hitmen [WHL]
    2014 Entry 48 2 Nicolas Aube-Kubel R Val d'Or Foreurs [QMJHL]
    2014 Entry 86 3 Mark Friedman D Waterloo Black Hawks [USHL]
    2014 Entry 138 5 Oskar Lindblom F Brynas (Sweden Jrs.)
    2014 Entry 168 6 Radel Fazleev L Calgary Hitmen [WHL]
    2014 Entry 198 7 Jesper Pettersson D

Only 6 picks but he got great value in every one. Every pick has NHL potential except for #7 who played in the AHL as filler this year. With 9 picks and better draft talent if he has nearly as good a draft this year he can turn this ship around pretty quick. Need one more down year to get a really good winger or big center.
    Last edited by Banger; 07-17-2015 at 11:36 PM.

It's helpful having a right-handed D prospect in the system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Alt and Friedman are the only two right-handed D men in the organization not at the NHL level who have a CHANCE of being NHL regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartnell's_Glove View Post
    It's helpful having a right-handed D prospect in the system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Alt and Friedman are the only two right-handed D men in the organization not at the NHL level who have a CHANCE of being NHL regulars.
    Wilcox could be a solid stay at home at some point. Need to draft more though. They are so rare I would try to draft at least one per year like goalies.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Wilcox could be a solid stay at home at some point. Need to draft more though. They are so rare I would try to draft at least one per year like goalies.
    Thanks, Snapdad. I forgot about him. There have been more mentions of him recently but I didn't realize he was right-handed.

Why are right handed Dmen rare? I thought more people / players were right then left in general.