Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on Mark Friedman...last year's 3rd rounder

Article on Mark Friedman...last year's 3rd rounder

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/01/bg...gs-worth-wait/

Earned a significant role as a Freshman and putting up some points....

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    http://alongtheboards.com/2015/01/bg...gs-worth-wait/

Earned a significant role as a Freshman and putting up some points....
    Thanks. Good read.

Hexy's first draft as GM is looking extremely promising.

Hope one of the shrimps can fit in here eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Thanks. Good read.

Hexy's first draft as GM is looking extremely promising.
    It's early but Sanheim (1st), Aube Kubel (2nd), Friedman (3rd), Lindblom (5th), Fazleez (6th) and Petterson (7th). Sanheim has had a solid year, Aube Kubel has 22G - 26A in 39 games. Lindblom had a good Jr tourney and has 5G 5A in 21 games vs men in the SEL. Fazleez has 13G 22A +7 in 45 games.

Sanheim leapfrogged Morin in the Prospect rankings. He is looking like a steal. So is Lindlom. Overall it is looking like a really good draft. That is one reason why I don't understand the Hextall criticisms. Yes, he has had one bad trade but also had one really good draft and kept to his promise of developing players and not trading them away for older, overpriced vets. You know that if Homer was still in charge there would have already been at least one bad trade this season.

Seasoned Veteran TherienLiesTheProblem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    It's early but Sanheim (1st), Aube Kubel (2nd), Friedman (3rd), Lindblom (5th), Fazleez (6th) and Petterson (7th). Sanheim has had a solid year, Aube Kubel has 22G - 26A in 39 games. Lindblom had a good Jr tourney and has 5G 5A in 21 games vs men in the SEL. Fazleez has 13G 22A +7 in 45 games.
    Sanheim looks like an absolutely terrific pick. I cannot wait to see him in orange and black. Aube-Kubel seems streaky; hard to get a read on him; didn't put up a PPG game until his 3rd Q season, though played on a loaded team until now. I can't think of any 2nd rounders who I particularly wanted instead, though. Friedman is doing about as well as one could hope for a 3rd round pick, and obviously Lindblom has far exceeded expectations for a 5th rounder. Fazleev I don't have much hope for. But 4 solid NHL prospects, including one top notch prospect, out of one draft is pretty damn good. It is indeed early, but I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post
    Sanheim leapfrogged Morin in the Prospect rankings. He is looking like a steal. So is Lindlom. Overall it is looking like a really good draft. That is one reason why I don't understand the Hextall criticisms. Yes, he has had one bad trade but also had one really good draft and kept to his promise of developing players and not trading them away for older, overpriced vets. You know that if Homer was still in charge there would have already been at least one bad trade this season.
    That’s because most Flyers fans are mouth breathing idiots.

Bow Down to the Timeout abstract's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Sanheim looks like an absolutely terrific pick. I cannot wait to see him in orange and black. Aube-Kubel seems streaky; hard to get a read on him; didn't put up a PPG game until his 3rd Q season, though played on a loaded team until now. I can't think of any 2nd rounders who I particularly wanted instead, though. Friedman is doing about as well as one could hope for a 3rd round pick, and obviously Lindblom has far exceeded expectations for a 5th rounder. Fazleev I don't have much hope for. But 4 solid NHL prospects, including one top notch prospect, out of one draft is pretty damn good. It is indeed early, but I'm optimistic.
    Why no hope for Fazleev? If anything, it looks like he has some potential.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231738
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSlackDelta View Post
    You know how you can tell you've fucked up and sound like an idiot, when you've got people like Nora and I in complete agreement with each other on an issue.

when i see them lighting up the NHL, i'll believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyerDuke View Post
    Dag, while some posters like to bash you, when they mature they will learn to take your posts not as opinion or prediction, but as fact.

“I don’t know if it was food poisoning or flu or what,” Richards said. “I just didn’t feel very well.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkingMule View Post
    I'm lost.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyMac View Post

This is the reason we as fans should expect a 3-5 year window where Hextall can shed some money, develop what he has in the AHL in kids like Manning, ***********, Haag, Cousins, Leier, and Akeson while keeping an open slot on the opening day roster for each of those players to take and spot a spot or two.
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. For your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.-Fred Shero