Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: Travis Sanheim

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    They are missing a top 6 guy. There are two holes: top line LW and 2nd line centre. Schenn fills one of those spots. Then it becomes debatable/unlikely if Raffl can continue to be an asset on that line with Giroux or if Couturier can become a viable 2nd line scoring centre.
    Lindblom and ???.

Not sure if Schenn has claimed either spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdad View Post
    Lindblom and ???.

Not sure if Schenn has claimed either spot.
    I think its pretty clear that Brayden Schenn is a top two line player in this league - and definitely on this roster. I do think he hasn't looked overly comfortable at wing this season, but I also think his game is much better suited to the wing than at centre. But they have to make him fit there. If he's not going to play in the top 6, they should just trade him because he's a wasted asset.

As for Lindblom, I'd love to think that, but its no guarantee he even breaks camp with the Flyers in the fall. Let alone making the roster and jumping over other players to get a 2nd line spot. I know he's having a great league in the SHL, but the Flyers have no idea how that will translate to the NHL. Is he even a lock to come over from Sweden in the fall?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    I think its pretty clear that Brayden Schenn is a top two line player in this league - and definitely on this roster. I do think he hasn't looked overly comfortable at wing this season, but I also think his game is much better suited to the wing than at centre. But they have to make him fit there. If he's not going to play in the top 6, they should just trade him because he's a wasted asset.

As for Lindblom, I'd love to think that, but its no guarantee he even breaks camp with the Flyers in the fall. Let alone making the roster and jumping over other players to get a 2nd line spot. I know he's having a great league in the SHL, but the Flyers have no idea how that will translate to the NHL. Is he even a lock to come over from Sweden in the fall?
    Yeah, Lindblom is a lock to come over. He just wanted to finish his contract with his home town team. He'll be with the Phantoms after his season is over (hopefully winning a Calder) and then back for camp.

He's 21 and dominating a good men's league, with a style that is NA suited, and he plays a position they need help at, so he's about as much of a roster lock as a guy not here yet can be. He can at least work his way in on the 3rd line as he is defectively sound, and that makes me think he will be one of those players the coach trusts in most situations. Ultimately he could be a power forward with soft hands who may make a strong claim to that LW spot. I wouldn't expect that right away though of course, and it's always possible they want him to get used to the smaller rink in the A for a bit. He wont be there for long though.

I agree Schenn seems more of a winger skill set, so there will be plenty of competition if he continues to not find much chemistry there. Last season he was very good in the second half so who knows? Maybe he is waiting until January to go on another tear. Agreed it is probably top 6 or trade for him in the long term. You don't pay 3rd line players that, and he is good enough as we have seen. Chemistry can be elusive though. He seems like he only has it with certain players, and at certain times even. He has had it with G and Couturier at times and also with Simmonds. Now he looks pretty good with Simmonds (who seems to look good with everyone) but Konecny has dried up. Last season he was good with G but not this year. Never seems to have it with V. It's confusing. I don't know what to think. Just really streaky I guess.
    Last edited by Snapdad; 12-22-2016 at 08:11 PM.

Good start on the phantoms...8 points in 8 games. 3 assists last night.

He’s better than Gudas and Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by TherienLiesTheProblem View Post
    Gauthier played on Aube-Kubel's team, so they've seen him plenty of times. Hextall did seem to shift and touch his face when asked about Gauthier -- some would say it was a poker tell, although probably just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdmFlyersFan View Post
    Ovenchicken held scoreless also so far.

This is the kind of thing that will never ever let anyone take you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiP View Post
    He’s better than Gudas and Manning.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Agreed
    I think everyone except Hakstol agreed with that statement.

he's got to be getting close to coming back to the Flyers....12G 1G 12A 13 pts +11

I hope so. I am so sick and tired of looking at the Manning / Gudas pairing.

I believe he had 3 points tonight for 15 points in 13 games + 13 and I think an 8 game point streak. They are 10–1-2 since he was sent down. Time for a call up.